Number of Students
John Stewart, MD, Chief of Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Abdelaziz Saleh, MD — Maternal Fetal Medicine
- To enable the student to appreciate both the intellectual and technical challenges of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- To prepare the student interested in the specialty to function more effectively in an Obstetrics/Gynecology residency.
- Function in the role of intern.
- Assist with high-risk deliveries and obstetrical surgeries.
- Assist with the care of both inpatient and outpatient high-risk obstetrical patients.
- Learn beginning aspects of obstetrical ultrasound and fetal procedures.
- Attend Obstetrics/Gynecology conferences.
- Attend Fetal Treatment Center Conferences.
- Prepare a brief literature review pertaining to a common clinical problem for presentation at morning conference.
- Assist in the teaching of M3 clerks.
Night Call/Special Requirements
- The maximum number of days approved for time off is 2 days during rotation. If additional time is needed, the request must be approved by the elective Director PRIOR to the start of the elective rotation.