Number of Students
Chief of Service
Weiquan Lu, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
1 Akron General Ave.
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Laurie Matt-Amaral, MD — Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Chairman Department of Medicine
- Kathryn Leininger, MD — Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Weiquan Lu, MD, PhD — Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- Sonia Sandhu, MD
- Fang Liu, MD
- To give the student exposure and knowledge in the care of patients with hematologic and oncologic disorders.
- Become familiar with current treatment options through a combined rotation of private office practice and daily hospital teaching rounds.
- Assume many intern responsibilities under the supervision of the senior resident, with opportunities to perform procedures common to oncology/hematology.
- The student will attend daily noon didactic lectures, with work rounds taking place in the afternoon.
Night Call/Special Requirements