Number of Students
Nikki Thomas, MD
Director, Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Urogynecology
Akron Urogynecology Associates
2603 West Market Street, Suite 210
Akron, Ohio 44307
- Cara Ninivaggio, MD — Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Katie Propst, MD — Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- To educate medical students in the appropriate workup and diagnosis of women with pelvic floor disorders such as urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain.
- To educate medical students in complex conditions affecting the female pelvic floor and to assist in minimally invasive procedures to correct urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders.
- To educate medical students in the outpatient office setting on the work up, conservative treatment options and management of women with pelvic floor issues.
- Function in the role of intern.
- Assist with Urogynecology surgical procedures.
- Assist with the care of both pre- and post-op patients with pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Learn the importance of cystoscopy and urodynamic channel studies.
- Assist with procedures as stated in objectives section.
- Prepare a brief literature review pertaining to a common Urogynecology clinical problem for presentation at Urogynecology morning conference.
Night Call/Special Requirements
- The maximum number of days approved for time off is 2 days during rotation. If additional time is needed, the request must be approved by the elective Director PRIOR to the start of the elective rotation.