Webchat Transcripts - Questions and Answers with a Physician
Heart valve disease refers to any of several conditions that prevent one or more of the valves in the heart from functioning adequately to assure proper circulation. Left untreated, heart valve disease can reduce the quality of life and become life-threatening. In many cases, heart valves can be surgically repaired or replaced, restoring normal function and allowing a return to normal activities.
Read transcripts of prior webchats on this topic:
- Heart Valve Disease and Treatments (Drs. Jellis & Johnston 02/22/18)
- Heart Valve Disease & Treatments (Drs. Kwon & Wierup 12/14/17)
- Non-Surgical Treatment of Heart Valve Disease (Drs. Jaber & White 08/10/17)
- Heart Valve Disease & Treatments (Drs. Kwon & Johnston 04/27/17)
- Heart Valve Disease: Innovative Treatments (Drs. Cubeddu & Krishnaswamy 02/23/17)
- Heart Valve Disease and Treatments (Drs. Jellis and Gillinov 12/16/2016)
- Heart Valve Disease & Non-Surgical Interventions (Dr. Krishnaswamy 8/18/2016)
- Heart Valve Disease & Treatments (Drs. Desai and Navia 08/18/15)
- Heart Valve Disease & Treatment Options (Drs. Collier & Soltesz 03/17/15)
- See aorta disease for more webchat transcripts on aortic valve disease
- View a calendar of events and register for future chats. Check the calendar for topics that interest you!
- Back to Heart & Vascular Institute Webchat Transcripts
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic as a convenience service only and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition. Please remember that this information, in the absence of a visit with a health care professional, must be considered as an educational service only and is not designed to replace a physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure for a given patient. The views and opinions expressed by an individual in this forum are not necessarily the views of the Cleveland Clinic institution or other Cleveland Clinic physicians.