At Fairview Hospital's Birthing Center, we know all about the joys and anxieties of pregnancy, birth and parenting. After all, we help over 4,000 expectant families bring their babies into the world each year, and we're ready to help you. We know that you have many questions and concerns and we are prepared to help in every way.
Fairview Hospital's Birthing Services Welcome Medina Area Patients!
From the time you learn you're pregnant, the physicians and staff of Fairview Hospital will be beside you, working to make your experience as healthy, pleasant and memorable as possible.
Your Birth Experience
Fairview Hospital's Birthing Center provides a comfortable environment that features private rooms, low lighting, infant warmers, television and all of the necessary monitoring equipment. Additionally, we offer specially equipped operating rooms for Caesarean births. Our delivery services, including anesthesia, are available 24/7 to ensure that we'll be ready when you are.
The nursing and professional staff can accommodate your birthing preferences and needs by working closely with your private obstetrician and/or midwife. You and your baby will also receive individual care and teaching from highly experienced obstetrical nurses and lactation consultants.
Learn about the new suites designed to provide for a more comfortable, natural birthing experience. This television interview features Sue Hudson, CNM, Director of Fairview Hospital Midwifery Services and Dusty Burke, Birthing Center Nurse Manager. Watch the interview.
Expansion creates additional comfort and privacy for patients seeking natural childbirth experience
For women who desire a natural birth, the Fairview Family Birth Place includes six newly-renovated suites for labor, birth and post-partum care, as well as three additional post-partum rooms. The new suites are light and bright, with sleek contemporary furnishings.
With this expansion, the rooms and services offer:
- Ample space for comfort measures, movement and positioning options during labor.
- Midwives, physicians and nurses specially trained to provide individualized, patient-centered care during labor, birth and recovery
- Practice guided by straightforward birth principles and natural labor management
- Large, freestanding labor tubs and showers for alternative hydrotherapy options
- Nitrous oxide available for additional analgesia that is managed by the patient
- Queen-size beds allow for enhanced labor support and recovery options
- Labor, deliver, recovery and spend your post-partum stay in one room
- Lounge area, including rockers, birth balls, TV and aromatherapy, designed to provide comfort and privacy to the patient and her support person during the early part of labor
- High touch, low intervention birth with the security of a Level III Perinatal Center just steps away
For more information about maternity services, birthing options and the Fairview Family Birth Place at Fairview Hospital, or to schedule a tour, call 440.356.0347
Childbirth & Parenting Education
Find information on childbirth and parenting education classes to help you prepare before the baby arrives, during labor and delivery and for when you bring the new addition home.