Orthopaedic surgeons at Fairview Hospital use the most advanced techniques for total joint replacements and provide care specifically suited to pediatric patients.
The comprehensive services of our orthopaedics program include both inpatient and outpatient procedures for:
- Hand and upper extremities
- Foot and ankle
- Occupational medicine
- General orthopaedics
- Hip and knee
Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
The Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine programs at Fairview Hospital offer comprehensive services tailored to your individual needs.
Specially trained health care professionals ensure that your program of care proceeds at the most effective pace for your needs. Our programs integrate your care into a single, flowing plan, overseen by your physician and a team of highly skilled specialists.
Geriatric Hip Fracture Program
The Geriatric Hip Fracture Program at Fairview Hospital is designed to guide the patient and their family through the events surrounding a fracture. It is the first program of its kind in the Cleveland area.
Features of the Geriatric Hip Fracture Program include:
- Access to physicians, nurses, social workers, case managers, physical therapists and occupational therapists who all specialize in geriatric fractures
- Private rooms in the acute care setting
- Emphasis on rehabilitation and individual care
- An occupational therapist who educates patients on activities of daily living
- Participation by family and/or friends who serve as “coaches” in the recovery process
- Physical therapy will provide education on ways to mobilize after surgery
- Coordinated education for patients and family members
- Treatments to help limit blood loss which can lower the need for blood transfusions and improve recovery after surgery
- Nutrition is a very important part of the healing process. Protein will aid in the healing process, and you may need a nutritional supplement before and after hip surgery.