To provide educational material to other medical professionals who care for patients with multiple sclerosis, the Cleveland Clinic Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis staff have developed the following series of professional "MS Approaches" information sheets. These documents are to be considered merely as educational, and individual physician judgement, knowledge, training and experience should always be utilized. Also, State and Federal regulations and guidelines may provide varying guidance in certain care situations.
- COVID-19: Considerations for Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- Management of Multiple Sclerosis During Pregnancy.
- The Role of MRI in the Diagnosis and Management of MS.
- Neurofilament Light Chain.
- PML Diagnosis and Management.
- Optic Coherence Tomography (OCT) in the Diagnosis and Management of Multiple Sclerosis
- Telehealth in MS and Neuroimmunology Care.
MS Disease Modifying Therapy
- Alemtuzumab (Lemtrada).
- Dimethyl fumarate (Tecfidera).
- DMT Use in Progressive MS.
- Ocrelizumab (Ocrevus).
- Oral Cladribine (Mavenclad).
- Ozanimod (Zeposia).
- Ponesimod (Ponvory).
- Safety Monitoring for Multiple Sclerosis Patients on Disease Modifying Therapies.
- Siponimod (Mayzent).
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate Receptor Modulators (Comprehensive).
- The Role of Stem Cell Therapy in Managing Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
MS Relapse Management
- Considerations for the Administration of IVIG in MS Patients.
- Approaches to Diagnosis, Treatment and Management of Optic Neuritis.
- Relapse Management in MS.
- Plasmapheresis in MS.
MS Symptom Management
- Behavioral Management of Anxiety and Depression in Multiple Sclerosis.
- Bladder Dysfunction in MS.
- Dalfampridine (Ampyra).
- Falls and Fall Prevention in MS.
- Identifying and Managing Cognitive Disorders in MS.
- Fatigue in the Context of MS.
- Understanding and Managing Pain in Multiple Sclerosis.
- The Manifestations and Implications of Sexual Dysfunction in MS Patients.
Other CNS Inflammatory Diseases
- Adult-onset Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis.
- Diagnosis and Management of Autoimmune Encephalitis.
- Eculizumab (Soliris) for Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder.
- Inebilizumab (Uplizna) for Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder.
- Understanding Myelin Oligodendrocyte Antibody Disease.
- Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders.
- Satralizumab (Enspryng) for Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder.
Wellness and MS
- The Role of Physical Exercise in Managing Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms.
- Smoking and MS: Unraveling the Links, Impact on Disease Progression, and Cessation Strategies.
- Vaccination Recommendations for Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- Understanding and Addressing Vitamin D Deficiency in MS.
- The Role of Wellness Consultations in the Management of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Augmenting MS Management with a Comprehensive Approach to Wellness and Comorbidity.