Webchat Transcripts - Questions and Answers with a Physician
Vascular disease includes any condition that affects your circulatory system, such as peripheral artery disease. This ranges from diseases of your arteries, veins and lymph vessels to blood disorders that affect circulation.
Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)—also known as peripheral vascular disease, atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries—is a disorder that occurs in the arteries of the circulatory system. Arteries are the blood vessels that carry oxygen and nutrient-rich blood from the heart to all areas of the body. PAD occurs in the arteries that carry blood to the arms and legs.
Read transcripts of prior webchats on this topic:
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (Rebecca Kelso, MD 03/16/17)
- Arteries and Vascular Health, Innovations to Restore Blood Flow and Circulation (Mehdi Shishehbor, DO, MPH 11/21/16)
- Understanding Rare Blood Clotting Disorders (Drs. Bartholomew and Gomes 09/15/16)
- SCAD - Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (Esther Kim, MD 07/01/16)
- Rare Vascular Disorders (Drs. Erwin and Park 05/26/16)
- From Your Veins to Your Arteries - PAD and Other Vascular Disorders (Drs. Evans and Bekeny 01/27/16)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) and Lower Extremity Wounds (Drs. Maier and Shishehbor 10/06/15)
- Understanding Rare Blood Clotting Disorders (Drs. Bartholomew and Gomes 09/10/15)
- SCAD - Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (Esther Kim, MD 07/24/15)
- Understanding Rare Blood Clotting Disorders (Drs. Bartholomew and Gomes 05/01/14)
- Understanding Peripheral Artery Disease (Drs. Evans and Kirksey 01/31/14)
See webchat transcripts also related to aorta disease
Watch video chat
- Peripheral Artery Disease PAD, on YouTube (Drs. Kirksey and Evans 05/19/16)
- Rare Vascular Diseases, on YouTube (Dr. Clair 5/14/2015)
- Vascular Disease, on YouTube (Drs. Evans, Anton and Clair 9/29/2014)
- View a calendar of events and register for future chats. Check the calendar for topics that interest you!
- Back to Heart & Vascular Institute Webchat Transcripts
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic as a convenience service only and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition. Please remember that this information, in the absence of a visit with a health care professional, must be considered as an educational service only and is not designed to replace a physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure for a given patient. The views and opinions expressed by an individual in this forum are not necessarily the views of the Cleveland Clinic institution or other Cleveland Clinic physicians.