It's normal to feel anxious about staying in the hospital. Please know you’re not alone. You will have an entire healthcare team focused on your safety and well-being.
We encourage you to read our Visitor Information section, to help you understand more about your hospital stay. The information will be useful for you and your family.
What Do I Bring?
You will only need essential items, such as:
- Any equipment used in your care (i.e. crutches, prosthetics, C-pap machine, hearing aids, eyeglasses, etc.).
Should you need any additional personal care items, these can be purchased in our hospital gift shops.
What Paperwork Should I Bring?
Please provide our hospital caregivers:
- A list of all medications, supplements or herbals, including dosages.
- Living will (if you have one).
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare (if you have one).
- Any physician orders.
- Any preadmission paperwork.
What Shouldn’t I Bring?
- Large sums of money: Please do not keep more than $5 in your room.
- Jewelry: If you are admitted without advance preparation, ask family members or friends to take home your jewelry.
- Other valuables: For safety reasons, electronics, laptops, iPods and iPads should not be kept in your possession while in the hospital. Cleveland Clinic is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
When Can My Family and Friends Visit Me?
Cleveland Clinic has a 24-hour visitation policy. However, there may be times when visitation may need to be limited.