The flu vaccine is your best line of defense against the flu each year. Get vaccinated before the flu season begins to reduce your chances of getting the flu and reduce the severity of symptoms if you do get it.
- Why getting the flu shot is more important than ever this year
- Learn more about flu symptoms, prevention and how to tell the difference between the flu and the common cold
We are taking extra precautions to keep our patients and caregiver safe. Due to our COVID-19 restrictions, Cleveland Clinic flu vaccines will be available by appointment only this year (no walk-in flu vaccines will be offered).
How do I schedule an appointment?
Beginning September 1, 2021, here’s how you can schedule your flu vaccine appointment:
- Current enrollees can schedule a flu vaccine appointment through your MyChart account. To enroll in MyChart, you can sign up here.
- Call your primary care physician’s office – or your child’s pediatrician* – to schedule a flu vaccine appointment. If you already have an upcoming appointment scheduled with your primary care doctor, you can receive the flu shot then. Many specialists also offer the flu vaccine in their offices.
*Please note: The flu shot is recommended for those 6 months and older.
Other Helpful Information
- Appointments: If you have an upcoming appointment with your primary care doctor, you can receive your flu vaccine then. Many of our specialists also offer flu vaccines in their offices.
- Insurance: Please bring your insurance information and co-pay (if applicable) with you. Insurance information (or payment, if you do not have insurance) will be collected at the time of service.
- Vaccines for Children Program: Please contact your child’s pediatrician to schedule an appointment with a nurse if you use the Vaccine for Children Program.
- Virtual Visits: Feeling like you or your child might have the flu? Speak with a healthcare provider from your mobile device or computer. It’s never been easier for you and your family to instantly access world class care at home or work with Cleveland Clinic virtual visit.