Webchat Transcripts - Questions and Answers with a Physician
One of the largest, most experienced cardiac and thoracic surgery groups in the world, our Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery cares for patients from all 50 states and around the world. Our surgeons offer virtually every type of cardiac surgery, including elective or emergency surgery for heart valve disease, aortic aneurysm, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias, heart failure, Marfan syndrome and other less common conditions.
Read transcripts of prior webchats on this topic:
- Ask the Heart Surgeon (Shinya Unai, MD 06/22/17)
- Ask the Heart Surgeon (Drs. Savage & Tong 02/02/17)
- Ask the Heart Surgeon (Michael Zhen-Yu Tong, MD 06/09/16)
- Ask the Heart Surgeon (Drs. Tong and Savage 02/17/16)
- Ask the Heart Surgeon (Drs. Johnston and Savage 05/20/15)
Follow Heart and Vascular Institute webchats and news stories on Twitter. Simply sign up for an account if you don’t have one, and then go to twitter.com/ClevClinicHeart and click the “follow” button.
- View a calendar of events and register for future chats. Check the calendar for topics that interest you!
- Back to Heart and Vascular Institute Webchat Transcripts
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic as a convenience service only and is not intended to replace the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition. Please remember that this information, in the absence of a visit with a health care professional, must be considered as an educational service only and is not designed to replace a physician's independent judgment about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure for a given patient. The views and opinions expressed by an individual in this forum are not necessarily the views of the Cleveland Clinic institution or other Cleveland Clinic physicians.Reviewed: 06/17