The Dermatopathology service averages about 25,000 cases annually. All five dermatopathology faculty are board-certified dermatopathologists. Two are specialty trained dermatopathology faculty from Anatomic Pathology (one of which also specializes in soft tissue tumors), and three specialty trained dermatopathology faculty from Dermatology. Fellows gain experience in laboratory procedures, immunopathology and diagnostic techniques. The fellowship includes concurrent training in clinical dermatology or anatomic pathology and stresses the interaction between the two.
- Three, one-year ACGME-accredited fellowships.
- Initial review of consultation material.
- Conference presentation with attending supervision.
- Resident teaching.
- Developing familiarity with management, administration and quality assurance in the Dermatopathology laboratory.
- Participation in available research opportunities, publications and local and national presentations is expected.
- ACGME-accredited Dermatology or Anatomic/Clinical Pathology or Anatomic Pathology residency training program.
Fellowship & Dermatopathology Section Coordinator
Paul Suchy, DM, MSM
Administrator, Center for Pathology Education
Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute
9500 Euclid Avenue, L-21
Cleveland, OH 44195