Treatment & Services
- Aging Skin
- Autoimmune Hair and Skin Disease
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- General Dermatology
- Genital Skin Problems
- Hair Disorders
- Mohs Surgery
- Pigmented Lesion
- Rashes and Eczema
- Skin Infections
- Skin Tumors
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Alopecia Areata
- Pigmented Lesions
- Skin Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Washington, DC USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Temple University School of Medicine
Philadelphia, PA USA
Undergraduate - College of William & Mary
Williamsburg, VA USA
- AAD President, 1992
- Ohio Dermatology Society/Ohio Dermatology Foundation, President
- American Society of Dermatopathology, President 2008
- Academy of Medicine of Cleveland, John Budd, MD Distinguished Membership Award 2005
- Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrances Association; Cosmetic Ingredient Review, CIR Panel - Chairman, CIR Committee, 1991- Current
- Dermatology - Dermatopathology
alopecia, Cosmetic Dermatology, Dermatopathology, General Dermatology, pigmented lesions and melanoma, skin tumors
Awards & Honors
- 2008: Marian Druan, MD Award, International Society of Dermatology (Highest Award)
- 2007 – 2008: America's top Doctor
- 2007 – 2008: Best Doctors in America
- 2007 – 2008: Best Doctors?Cleveland Magazine
- 2007 – 2008: Great Women in the 21st Century, american Biographical Institute
- 2007 – 2008: Empire Who's Who among Executive and Professional Women (Highest Award)
- 2007 – 2008: Northern Ohio Live Magazine Issue "Top Doctors 2005" (cited yearly since 1990)
- 2007 – 2008: National Registry of Who's Who (Life Member)
- 2007 – 2008: Manchester/Cambridge Who's Who Among Executive and Professional Women (Honor's Edition)
- 2007 – 2008: Woman of the Year, American Biographical Institute
- 2007 – 2008: Guide to American's Top Physician, Research Council of America
- 2007 – 2008: America's Cosmetic Doctors and Dentist, Castle Connelly Medical LTD
- 2007 – 2008: Who's Who (Global Directory)
- 2007 – 2008: Guide to American's Top Pathologist (cited as Dermatopathologist)
- 2007: Golden Achievement Award of Cleveland (Physician)
- 2007: Nominee, Master of Dermatology Award - AAD
- 2007: American Academy of Dermatology, Honorary Member
- 2007: Gold Metal AAD Award, Volunteer Services, Leadership Circle-Voluntarism
- 2007: Founders's Award, American Society of Dermatopathology (Highest Award)
- 2007: President Elect, American Society of Dermatopathology (President 2008)
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- Ohio Dermatology Society/ Ohio Dermatology Foundation
- Cleveland Dermatological Society
- American Dermatologic Association - Honorary Derm Society
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/19/2017, Dr. Bergfeld has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
128 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.8|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.7|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
14 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 1, 2018
Dr. Bergfeld is an excellent doctor. I am thankful that she is my doctor and provides me with great care!
Reviewed on Jun 1, 2018
*Dr. Bergfeld is excellent and I feel really cares about me as a patient.
Reviewed on May 24, 2018
I actually don't mind if I have to wait because Dr. Bergfeld takes the necessary time needed to obtain the relevant info, exam and educate which scheduling doesn't always allow adequate time.
Reviewed on May 3, 2018
Waited over 75 minutes in the room for the doctor I understand she is in high demand, but this was unacceptable. I did not get my time with the doctor, so she can make up time with other appointments. My questions were not answered because I did not have a chance to ask them. When I asked the nurse to get the doctor, she told me to use the portal to ask my questions.
Reviewed on Apr 10, 2018
Great doctor. Feel protected' with her oversight on my particular case.
Reviewed on Mar 30, 2018
Dr. Bergfeld is very professional and polite, has excellent bed side manners, asked pointed questions, is a great listener, showed genuine care and concern and was very thorough.
Reviewed on Mar 29, 2018
Very good and considerate provider. Always a pleasure to see.
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2018
No one is better as a person thanDr. Wilma Bergfield. No one is better as a Doctor, than Dr. Wilma Bergfield. She has treated and gotten needed treatment for our family for 50 years. We have truly been blessed.
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2018
Dr. Bergfeld is so thorough and caring. She is interested in my overall well being, not just from the point of view of dermatology.
Reviewed on Feb 7, 2018
The drugs prescribed were too expensive for me to use.
Reviewed on Nov 13, 2017
I always feel I am in good hand w/Dr. Bergfeld. She is so knowledgeable, empathetic and helpful. I had a concern about a practice of another doctor at CCF. Dr. Berfeld is the only one I felt that I could speak to about this. She's terrific! A role model for all females!!
Reviewed on Nov 7, 2017
This provider has shown greatconcern about my medical condition and been helpful and compassionate.
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2017
I totally trust Dr. Wilma Bergfeld's advice and have already followed up on her suggestions by scheduling appointments with two physicians in other departments at Cleveland Clinic.
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2017
Dr. Bergfeld did an excellent job in her explanation of my problem as well as the treatment plan...
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.