Fellows learn direct detection, culture, serologic and molecular techniques used for the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Emphasis is placed on the practical aspects and clinical relevance of laboratory procedures. Rotations in clinical infectious diseases and infection prevention are also provided. Fellows participate in the education of residents, medical students and other trainees. The completion of research with presentation at a national meeting and publication is expected.
One position is available for this one-year ACGME-accredited fellowship.
- Clinical decision support in specimen processing area.
- Consultation with clinicians taking care of patients.
- Conference presentation with attending supervision.
- Resident supervision and teaching.
- Participation in available research.
Candidates must have completed training in an ACGME-accredited clinical pathology residency or infectious disease fellowship program.
Fellowship Program Director
Paul Suchy, DM, MSM
Administrator, Center for Pathology Education
Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute
9500 Euclid Avenue, L-21
Cleveland, OH 44195