The laboratory is involved with an annual volume of over 2,600 neuropathology in-house and consult materials, including 160+ autopsy brains; 200+ muscle and nerve biopsies (many with electron microscopy); 700 ocular cases; and neuromuscular, ocular, forensic and neurodegenerative conferences. Histological differential diagnosis, the role of ancillary testing including immunohistochemistry and molecular testing as well as the importance of clinical correlation are emphasized. The fellow has the opportunity to take advantage of our curated virtual slide database, glass slide teaching sets, and online quizzes. Communication and collaboration with other health professionals occurs during intraoperative consultation callbacks and brain tumor board. Research opportunities are available in the first year with opportunities to present at House Staff presentations, Neurology CPC, and the American Association of Neuropathologists meetings.
- One two-year position in the ACGME-accredited fellowship.
- Initial review of consultation material.
- Conference presentation with attending supervision.
- Resident teaching.
- Developing familiarity with management, administration and quality assurance in the pathology laboratory.
- Participation in available research opportunities, publications, and local and national presentations is expected.
- ACGME-accredited combined Anatomic/Clinical Pathology or Anatomic Pathology residency training program. At least two years of post-graduate training required which may include 2 years of anatomic pathology (AP) or 1 year AP plus clinical training in neurology/neurosurgery.
- Download the Application for Fellowship
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with personal statement stating interested date of matriculation, curriculum vitae, Cleveland Clinic application, and three letters of recommendation well in advance for a two-year fellowship position starting July 1, 2025 (or earlier) or July 1, 2026.
Center for Pathology Education
Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute
9500 Euclid Avenue, L-13
Cleveland, OH 44195
Diversity & Inclusion
Discover the role diversity and inclusion plays at Cleveland Clinic and at its Graduate Medical Education program, as well as our diversity and inclusion efforts.Learn more