Annual specimen volume includes more than 3,700 bone marrow biopsies and more than 2,000 lymph node biopsies. The program teaches the principles of laboratory management and is designed to prepare the fellow for community hospital or academic practice.
- Two, one-year ACGME-accredited fellowships.
- Review and preparation of routine case material; initial review of consultation material.
- Independent review of blood smear, body fluid and special red cell studies.
- Interdepartmental conference presentation with attending supervision.
- Resident teaching.
- Participation in quality assurance and management projects in the Hematology laboratory.
- Preparation of interpretive coagulation consultation reports.
- Participation in available research opportunities, publications and local and national presentations is expected.
Thirteen 4-week blocks divided as follows:
- 5 blocks hematopathology (bone marrow, peripheral blood, body fluid)
- 2 blocks lymphoma (lymph nodes and tissues)
- 1 block lymphoma/molecular
- 2 blocks coagulation
- 2 blocks research
- 1 block elective
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Anatomic, Clinical or combined Anatomic/Clinical Pathology residency.
Center for Pathology Education
Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute
9500 Euclid Avenue, L-13
Cleveland, OH 44195
Email: [email protected]