Annual specimen volume includes more than 2,800 bone marrow biopsies and more than 1,200 lymph node biopsies. The program teaches the principles of laboratory management and is designed to prepare the fellow for community hospital or academic practice.
- Two, one-year ACGME-accredited fellowships.
- Review and preparation of routine case material; initial review of consultation material.
- Independent review of blood smear, body fluid and special red cell studies.
- Interdepartmental conference presentation with attending supervision.
- Resident teaching.
- Participation in quality assurance and manage-ment projects in the Hematology laboratory.
- Preparation of interpretive coagulation consultation reports.
- Participation in available research opportunities, publications and local and national presentations is expected.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited Anatomic, Clinical or combined Anatomic/Clinical Pathology residency.
Paul Suchy, DM, MSM
Administrator, Center for Pathology Education
Robert J. Tomsich Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute
9500 Euclid Avenue, L-21
Cleveland, OH 44195