Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry
Participants in this UCNS accredited fellowship will graduate from the program well prepared to direct the care of adults with degenerative cognitive disorders. Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, established in 2009, is dedicated to improving the lives of people with neurodegenerative disorders, those at risk for such disorders, and their caregivers. The increasing prevalence of these disorders has created an urgent need for experts in the diagnosis and management of cognitive decline.
During their two years of training, fellows will be part of a multidisciplinary team in the Center for Brain Health. Through its state-of-the-art clinical, research, drug development, and educational programs, the Center is becoming a world leader in:
- Prediction of cognitive impairment based on known and suspected risk factors
- Delay and prevention of cognitive impairment
- Recognition and diagnosis of dementia syndromes
- Treatment of cognitive symptoms
- Recognition and management of physical and behavioral complications
- Caregiver education and reduction of caregiver stress
- Leveraging community resources to benefit the cognitively impaired
Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry fellows will gain substantial expertise in all these areas, working with faculty in both Las Vegas and Cleveland. The fellowship’s faculty roster includes specialists in general and behavioral neurology, psychiatry, neuroradiology, geropsychiatry, movement disorders, social work, psychology, and neuro-ethics. Although dedicated to excellence in the clinic, our faculty members are all experienced researchers and educators.
In the first year of the fellowship, trainees will be supervised in the clinic during patient encounters. In the second year, fellows will discuss their follow-up cases in weekly meetings with attendings. Board certified or eligible graduates of neurology and psychiatry may apply.
Please submit the following in order for us to process your application:
- Fellowship application
- We are no longer taking applications after June 1, 2018
If you experience technical difficulties completing the application, please contact Susan Farris at email@example.com or 702.778.7006.
- Your updated CV
- Three letters of recommendation (one from your residency or hospital director)
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX Score Reports
- Medical School Diploma
- All International Medical Graduates must submit a copy of their current ECFMG certificate and qualifying exam results.
- Download our Behavioral Neurology & Neuropsychiatry Fellowship Brochure
Gabriel Leger, MD
Fellowship in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health
888 West Bonneville Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89106