The goal of this program is to create experts in Obstetric Anesthesia. The Cleveland Clinic Health System supports the annual delivery of ~13,000 patients and is the largest delivery system of obstetric services in the state of Ohio and thus the largest provider of obstetric anesthesia services. The training program allows graduates of accredited Anesthesia Residencies to gain specific skills related to the comprehensive management of women during pregnancy and the puerperium.
- Seven months labor and delivery
- Research project
- MFM rotation
- In-Vitro Fertilization
During this program the fellow will:
- Develop advanced skills in all aspects of obstetric anesthesia, including all applications of regional anesthesia.
- Develop consultant skills in fetal assessment, fetal monitoring and neonatal resuscitation.
- Become skilled in anesthesia management of high risk pregnancy and parturients with serious co-morbidities.
- Learn the practice management skills necessary to run an obstetric anesthesiology service.
Fellowship Contact Information:
- Received ACGME accreditation: 01/2018 to join 33 other Obstetric Anesthesia programs throughout the United States
- Fetal Surgery Program
- Establishment of critical care obstetrics with a multidisciplinary team
- System supports the delivery of ~12,000 paturients at 4 sites/year
- Largest system in Ohio
- All sites are Level 3 units
- Skill development in transthoracic echocardiography for diagnosis and management as well as alternate, supportive analgesic blocks
- A well-rounded curriculum designed to encourage a career as an expert in obstetric anesthesia and the management of complex parturients in the peripartum period
Two fellowship positions are offered for the duration of one year. Send completed application and additional materials to Kelly Grauel, Fellowship Coordinator. The Cleveland Clinic Obstetric Anesthesiology fellowship is a part of the SFMatch for matching purposes only.
Interviews for fellowship positions starting in the academic year 2021–2022 have concluded. The SF Match will be releasing dates for the 2022 match in the future.
Required Application Materials
- SOAP application
- Personal Statement
- USMLE/COMLEX and In-training exam scores
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be from the Residency Program Director)