The Neuroanesthesiology Fellowship Program at Cleveland Clinic Foundation is designed to prepare innovative anesthesiologists who excel in practice and education of perioperative neurosciences. The goal of the program surpasses competency training in management of complicated intracranial, spine, and interventional neuroradiology procedures, a skill that should have already been acquired during residency. This one year program motivates its graduates in initiation and continuation of clinical or basic science studies in neurosciences and prepares them for leading positions in this field. Our curriculum focuses on the three pillar concept of perioperative neurosciences mentioned in the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care (SNACC): 1) clinical neuroanesthesiology, 2) nueroscience foundations of anesthesiology and 3) management of patients with neurologic diseases undergoing non-neurologic surgery.
Fellowship Contact Information:
- Formal rotations in the neuro-intensive care unit, neurophysiologic monitoring, and trans-esophageal echocardiogram.
- Involvement in departmental research projects including study designs with dedicated time to participate in research activities.
- Involvement in residents teaching.
- Networking in SNACC, many program faculty have been in leadership positions with active participation in this society.
Interested applicants should be motivated to pursue a career in neuroanesthesiology and critical care and possess strong and professional verbal and written communication skills. Currently two fellows are selected for this program each year.
To apply, please submit the following by email to Kathy Bauer, MEd, Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application form (Please download and complete)
- Personal Statement
- American Board of Anesthesiology certification (preferred, but not required)
- USMLE and in-training scores
- List of scholarly activity
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation (one must be from the residency Program Director)