At Cleveland Clinic Canada, we believe overall health is only achieved when you acknowledge and address the needs of the whole body. This is also the philosophy behind Osteopathic medicine - the whole body must function together for optimal health. If one part of the body is compromised with an injury, then the rest of the body must adapt and compensate for this, eventually leading to inflammation, pain, stiffness and other health conditions.
Our osteopaths use non-invasive manual therapies that focus on achieving total body health by treating and strengthening the musculoskeletal framework, which includes the joints, muscles and spine as well as the body's nervous, circulatory and lymphatic systems.
Osteopaths do not simply concentrate on treating the problem area, but use manual techniques to balance all the systems of the body to provide optimal health and wellbeing. Ultimately, there is reduced pain and greater mobility which allows the body to heal itself. They use a broad range of gentle hands-on techniques including soft tissue stretching, deep tactile pressure, and mobilization or manipulation of joints to address the issues.
We treat a broad range of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal, circulatory, respiratory, and nervous systems, including:
- Back and neck injuries or chronic pain
- Tension or stress-related problems including headaches or migraines
- Ligament or muscle sprains due to over-use or sports
- Individuals limited by movement or mobility impairments resulting from injury, trauma, athletics or age-related deconditioning
- Individuals who are experiencing physical discomfort
- Individuals seeking relief from tension and stress
- Service can be utilized in collaboration with a Sports Health Physician (OHIP)
- Osteopaths have extensive experience treating athletes, including the ATP World Tennis Tour, the Ladies European Golf Tour and the Ladies Professional Golf Association
Osteopath services are not covered by OHIP, though may be partially covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different; please check your plan to see what coverage is available for this type of service.