We put our heart into protecting yours. Our cardiac services are rooted in the expertise of the Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute, a leading healthcare provider recognized as the number one ranked cardiac care center in the United States by U.S. News & World Report since 1994.
This service is ideal for individuals who have uncontrolled high blood pressure, episodes of chest pain or may require cholesterol and/or arrhythmia management.
The cardiology team uses preventive therapy and comprehensive testing to assess a patient’s risk of developing cardiac disease. Our cardiology service is covered by OHIP, requires a physician referral and is only available for adults.
When necessary we provide comprehensive testing for those seeking risk identification of cardiac threatening diseases.
- Resting Electrocardiogram (ECG)
A recording of electrical activity within the heart. ECG abnormalities may signal potentially serious heart problems that are treatable when detected early.
- Cardiac Stress Test
A treadmill exercise ECG test to screen for unrecognized coronary artery disease, high blood pressure (hypertension) and abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias).
- V02 max
A treadmill-based exercise test that provides an enhanced assessment of your cardiorespiratory function and your fitness level.
- Testing and assessments are administered by a board certified cardiologist
- Baseline tests and risk factor identification may prevent future cardiac disease or illnesses
- If additional testing is required, we will provide a referral
- Become educated in adopting a healthier, heart-friendly lifestyle
Cardiology testing and consults are covered by OHIP. A referral from your physician is required.
- Arvinder Grover, MD, FRCPC, FACC - Cardiologist
- Chi-Ming Chow, MSc, MDCM, FRCPC, FACC, FASE - Cardiologist
- Gideon Cohen, MSc, PhD, MD, FRCSC - Cardiac Surgeon
Assessment and Testing
You will begin by meeting with our cardiologist who will review your health history, order tests, assess your present condition and prescribe a plan of action.
Some of the baseline tests include:
- Blood work
- Blood sugar
- C. Reactive protein
- Stress echocardiogram
- Cardiac event monitor
- Ambulatory B/P monitor
- Primary and secondary prevention
- If medically necessary, additional complex cardiac testing and procedures will be arranged
Coordinator, Cardiology and Gastroenterology