The Diabetes Center provides patients access to a multidisciplinary team, including endocrinologists, diabetes educators, a pharmacist and a nurse practitioner. The goal of the Diabetes Center is to encourage patients to receive early specialty care and education – getting them on the right track with their diabetes management before returning them to their primary care physicians for ongoing management. The Diabetes Center offers both individual and group diabetes education classes year round for patients and their families.
Why Choose Us
- Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- When you take the first step at managing your diabetes with the help of specialists at the Diabetes Center you have the opportunity to connect with other world renowned specialists including cardiologists, ophthalmologists, nephrologists, podiatrists and dermatologists.
- You will have access to the latest information, treatment options, and education for all types of diabetes.
- Our electronic medical record system makes it possible for your own primary care doctor to sign up for online reports of your treatment progress at Cleveland Clinic through DrConnect.
What We Treat
The endocrinologists and clinical team at the Diabetes Center provide diabetes management treatment to patients with all type of diabetes mellitus, including Type 1, Type 2, and gestational.
The Diabetes Center offers comprehensive treatment options and services including:
- Comprehensive diabetes education classes
- Early treatment and education for people with newly diagnosed diabetes
- Diagnostic continuous glucose monitoring evaluation
- Insulin pump classes and initiation
- Training for home continuous glucose monitoring
- Type 1 Transition Clinic for young adults transitioning from pediatric to adult care
- Intensive diabetes care for patients with Type 2 diabetes
- Nutrition and weight management services
Patients with difficult-to-control diabetes or high-risk patients with diabetes, such as those who have recently experienced a heart attack or underwent bypass surgery, can receive intensive educational courses to help them better manage their disease. The goal of this training is to help patients stabilize their blood sugar levels within six months. Most patients are returned back to their primary care providers within 12 months.
Appointments & Locations
To make an appointment, call 216.444.6568.
Our Diabetes Center is located at Cleveland Clinic's Main Campus:
X Building - Centers for Geriatric and Diabetes Care
Cleveland, OH 44106
Online Second Opinions
We offer online medical second opinions through Cleveland Clinic MyConsult®, an effective and secure option for consultation without the time and expense of travel. One of our experts will review your medical records and test results and provide a comprehensive, personalized report, taking care to answer your specific questions.
Diabetes Education Materials
- Diabetes: Survival Skills
- Diabetes: Gestational Diabetes
- Diabetes: Planning Healthy Meals
- Diabetes Basics Video
- Monitoring Your Diabetes Video
- Introduction to Insulin Pen Injections Video
- Introduction to Insulin: Vial (bottle) & Syringe Injections Video
- Insulin Pumps Video
Comprehensive Diabetes Self-Management Education
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support programs offer comprehensive diabetes self-management education to help you or your loved one succeed in managing all aspects of diabetes care. Group classes and individual visits are available, and both are taught by diabetes care and education specialists. Register now to take one of the following courses close to home or work. A physician referral is required.
- Comprehensive Diabetes Education
Class topics include eating healthfully, being physically active, monitoring blood sugars and interpreting results, taking medications safely, reducing risk of complications, and setting personal goals for managing diabetes.
- Introduction to Insulin Pumps
This course provides education about insulin pumps, and will cover topics such as benefits of pumping, insulin pump limitations, and types of pumps and infusion sets. Attendees will get hands-on time learning about the different pumps. This class is also for current pump users who are considering other pump options or who need to refresh their basic knowledge of pump management.
- Weight Management Program
Classes in this program teach healthy eating in a group atmosphere and cover topics including: balancing diets, dining out, shopping tips, recipes and menus, weight plateaus, emotional and social eating, fiber and fit, time savers, and exercise.
- Virtual Visits
Diabetes education virtual visits allow you to save valuable time by meeting with a diabetes educator in a live visit from your mobile device or computer. Any diabetes education topic can be covered during one of these convenient visits. To schedule a virtual visit for diabetes education, contact the Diabetes Center at main campus at 216.444.3672.
To register or for more information on Diabetes Education, contact us:
1 Akron General Ave. Akron, OH 4307
2420 Lake Ave. Ashtabula, OH 44104
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation
2622 Hubbard Road Madison, OH 44057
The Diabetes Center at main campus
10685 Carnegie Ave. Cleveland, OH 44106
Elyria Family Health Center
303 Chestnut Commons Dr. Elyria, OH 44035
18901 Lakeshore Blvd. Euclid, OH 44119
Hillcrest Medical Office Building I
6803 Mayfield Road, Suite 112 Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
Independence Family Health Center
5001 Rockside Road Crown Centre II Independence, OH 44131
Lakewood Family Health Center
14601 Detroit Ave., OH 44107
Lorain Family Health Center
5700 Cooper Foster Park Rd. Lorain, OH 44053
970 East Washington St. Medina, OH 44256
Mentor Medical Office Building
7060 Wayside Drive Mentor, OH 44060
Richard E. Jacobs Health Center
33100 Cleveland Clinic Blvd. Avon, OH 44011
Solon Family Health Center
29800 Bainbridge Road Solon, OH 44139
South Pointe Hospital
4180 Warrensville Center Road Building A, 6th Floor Warrensville Heights, OH 44122
Strongsville Family Health Center
16761 South Park Center Strongsville, OH 44136
Stephanie Tubbs Jones Health Center
13944 Euclid Ave. East Cleveland, OH 44112
Twinsburg Family Health & Surgery Center
8701 Darrow Road Twinsburg, OH 44087
Willoughby Hills Family Health Center
2570 SOM Center Road Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
On-Demand virtual visits* with Diabetes Educators are available now through Cleveland Clinic Express Care® Online
Download the app to speak with one of our Diabetes Educators today!
*Virtual Visits are currently only available to all Ohio residents or existing patients who live outside of Ohio.
Diabetes education virtual visits allow you to save valuable time by meeting with a diabetes educator in a live visit from your mobile device or computer. Any diabetes education topic can be covered during one of these convenient visits.
To schedule a virtual visit for diabetes education, contact the Diabetes Center at main campus at 216.444.3672.