Cleveland Clinic is one of the few medical centers in the country uniquely able to provide seamless care for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) patients of all ages throughout their life. Patients with IBD usually require lifelong care and will benefit from choosing to be treated here. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to care and the latest advances in treatment and diagnosis.
With an IBD Center that has earned an international reputation for excellence, Cleveland Clinic provides gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, liver and transplant surgeons and nutritionists under one roof. This enables patients to be seen by many specialists in one day, when needed, and often get a same-day appointment. The Digestive Disease and Surgery Institute performs the world's highest volume of J-pouch procedures and is the nation's largest referral center for repairing pelvic pouches.
Although there is no one solution for treating IBD, there are many options. Cleveland Clinic physicians help patients find the most effective treatments that produce remission and prevent flare-ups, allowing them to enjoy the best quality of life possible. Sometimes this means being able to offer patients a treatment option after they and their physicians elsewhere have given up hope.
What We Treat
Conditions We Treat
Meet the Team
Nutrition Services and Lifestyle Changes Regarding IBD
Our Center for Human Nutrition is part of our Digestive Disease and Surgery Institute. Nutrition plays a large role in treating the symptoms of having an inflammatory bowel related disorder. Our Center is one of the only centers in the nation offering comprehensive services, including specialized teams for nutrition therapy, intestinal rehabilitation and nutrition support.
Treatment options may include working with our Center for Human Nutrition.
Our featured recipes:
For these and other recipe resources:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Q&A
- IBD and IBS: Q&A
- Genetic Aspects of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Living with Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis - Jean-Paul Achkar, MD & Emre Gorgun, MD
- Ask the Experts: All About IBD – Jean-Paul Achkar, MD & Emre Gorgun, MD
- Understanding and Managing Your Child’s IBD – Kadakkal Radhakrishnan, MD
- Get helpful information on Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis from our Health Essentials experts http://health.clevelandclinic.org/tag/crohns-disease/