Cleveland Clinic is one of the few medical centers in the country uniquely able to provide seamless care for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) patients of all ages throughout their life. Patients with IBD usually require lifelong care and will benefit from choosing to be treated here. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to care and the latest advances in treatment and diagnosis. The goal of this approach is to improve patient experience and outcomes, enhance care coordination and provide individualized patient-centered care.
With an IBD Center that has earned an international reputation for excellence, Cleveland Clinic can meet the healthcare needs of the patient including IBD treatment, mental health services, dietary and nutritional evaluations and recommendations, IBD-specific health maintenance requirements and specialist evaluations when necessary. This enables patients to be seen by many specialists in one day, when needed, and often get a same-day appointment. The Digestive Disease and Surgery Institute performs a high volume of J-pouch procedures and is one of the nation's largest referral centers for repairing pelvic pouches.
Although there is no one solution for treating IBD, there are many options. Cleveland Clinic physicians help patients find the most effective treatments that produce remission and prevent flare-ups, allowing them to enjoy the best quality of life possible. Sometimes this means being able to offer patients a treatment option after they and their physicians elsewhere have given up hope.
- In-person or virtual visits by a collaborative team of experts including:
- Nurse Care Coordinator
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Consulting colorectal surgeon
- Expertise with all FDA-approved treatment options
- Access to clinical trials of experimental therapy
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Colorectal surgery
- Intestinal Rehabilitation Program
- Access at Cleveland Clinic Main Campus and regional Family Health Centers
What We Treat
Conditions We Treat
Meet the Team
Nutrition Services and Lifestyle Changes Regarding IBD
Our Center for Human Nutrition is part of our Digestive Disease and Surgery Institute. Nutrition plays a large role in treating the symptoms of having an inflammatory bowel related disorder. Our Center is one of the only centers in the nation offering comprehensive services, including specialized teams for nutrition therapy, intestinal rehabilitation and nutrition support.
Treatment options may include working with our Center for Human Nutrition.
Our featured recipes:
For these and other recipe resources:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Q&A
- IBD and IBS: Q&A
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- J-Pouch Surgery
- Get helpful information on Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis from our Health Essentials experts
- Managing Inflammatory Bowel Disease During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Patient-Centered Medical Home Delivers Integrated Multidisciplinary Care to Patients
- Following the Low-FODMAP Diet
- Understanding the Benefits of Regenerative Medicine
- Crohn's Disease
- Understanding Ulcerative Colitis
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing