At Medina Hospital, our mission is to provide care for ill or injured patients in a competent and caring manner.
More than 25,000 patients visit the Medina Hospital Emergency Department (ED) each year.
The ED is open 24/7 and is home to state-of-the-art technology able to efficiently diagnose patients experiencing stroke or heart attack symptoms.
Our ED is currently under expansion to significantly improve our patient experience including expanded triage space, the addition of all private patient rooms and a family room for private consultations.
For more information about the Medina Hospital Emergency Department, call the registration desk at 330.721.2052.
1000 E. Washington St.
Medina, OH 44256
Services & Accreditations
Access to Care
- Open 24/7
- The "Split-flow" triage process has led to more efficient patient processing and significantly reduced wait times.
- Upon arrival patients will be screened by Emergency Department staff and “split” into those requiring emergent, intermediate or minor care. This allows us to provide the most appropriate level of care for your immediate needs with minimal waiting time.
- Since split-flow was implemented, the Medina Hospital Emergency Department has decreased the door-to-provider time to less than 12 minutes.
- Our ED is currently under expansion to significantly improve our patient experience including expanded triage space, the addition of all private patient rooms and a family room for private consultations
- Dedicated parking available near the ED entrance
Board Certified Staff
- Staffed full-time with Cleveland Clinic board-certified physicians and certified emergency nurses
- Caregivers at Medina Hospital Emergency Department treat more than 25,000 adult and pediatric patients annually
Medina Hospital Emergency Department Medical Director
Certified Stroke Center
- Medina Hospital is designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission for Hospital Accreditation
- The program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients
- Stroke patients can rely on Medina Hospital to provide the most advanced level of care, from EMS/pre-hospital care to administering the proper interventions upon arrival at the Medina Hospital Emergency Department
- Medina Hospital has been recognized with the Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for their accomplishment in the Get With The Guidelines quality program
Medina Hospital Specialties
Medina Hospital is committed to providing exceptional patient care in a wide variety of medical specialties. Learn more about the programs and services we offer.