The Jones Center at Medina Hospital offers advanced digital technology and comfortable surroundings to assist with the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of medical breast conditions.
Our breast care services include:
- Digital Diagnostic and Screening Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Education and Support
Medina Hospital is a BCCP Provider (Breast & Cervical Cancer Project). For more information or to see if you qualify for these services, call toll-free 1.800.443.2168. To schedule your mammogram at Medina’s Jones Center, please call 866.721.5350.
Breast cancer is the most common cancer women may have to face in their lifetime. Finding the disease early can save your life.
- Performing monthly breast self-examinations is recommended for all women beginning at age 20.
- Women who are ovulating should examine their breasts about one week after the onset of each menstrual period.
- Menopausal or post-menopausal women should examine their breasts on the same day every month.
- If you find a lump or anything else that is unusual, call your doctor immediately.
Clinical Breast Exam
- A physical examination of the breasts should be performed by your physician or another healthcare provider.
- Women ages 20-39 should have a clinic breast exam every three years.
- The American Cancer Society recommends that women ages 40 and over should have annual mammograms.
- If you are under age 40 and have a family history of breast cancer or other concerns, discuss when to begin screening with your doctor. It is performed to establish a record of the architecture of the breasts and can be used as a basis of comparison to later mammograms.
The Jones Center performs both screening and diagnostic mammograms. A diagnostic mammogram differs from a screening—or baseline mammogram—in that it is usually ordered by a physician after an abnormal area is found on a screening mammogram or physical examination.
A mammogram is a special x-ray that can find most breast tumors up to two years before they can be felt by hand. During mammography, it is necessary to compress the breasts. While this may be briefly uncomfortable, flattening the tissues enables our mammography technologists to take clearer pictures of your breasts.
Our Breast Imaging is certified by the Food and Drug Administration and accredited by the American College of Radiology. We only use FDA and MQSA approved mammography units.
To schedule your mammogram, call 866.721.5350.
Medina Hospital provides support to women diagnosed with breast cancer. We offer patient support with advanced procedures such as needle localizations and breast ultrasound for further evaluation. We also maintain postoperative communication with patients to reinforce the physician’s recommendations in an effort to ensure patient compliance and understanding.