Quality & Accreditation
Quality Care at Marymount Hospital
- Primary Stroke Center - Certified by the Joint Commission for Hospital Accreditation, 2018
- Hospital program accredited by the Joint Commission, 2018
- Behavioral Health Program accredited by the Joint Commission, 2018
- Lab - Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) 2019 and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) - 2019
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology for mammography and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, 2019
- Certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, 2019
Nursing RecognitionCleveland Clinic Marymount nurses exemplify the mission of Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital and the Magnet® Recognition Program’s vision of serving as a fount of knowledge and expertise for the delivery of nursing care. Our hospital achieved this designation in 2021 with nine exemplars for exceptional practices.
Nursing at Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital
- Influenced the quality of our stroke program, a 5 year recipient of the Gold Plus Achievement Award and 2- year recipient of the Target Honor Roll Elite for tPA.
- Outperformed the national nursing quality and safety benchmarks for falls with injury, hospital acquired pressure injury (HAPI), central line associated blood-stream infection (CLABSI) and catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI).
- Examined patients’ sources of discomfort to improve how we manage pain in our ambulatory surgery center.
- Affirmed their level of satisfaction in our 2019 Press-Ganey Nursing Excellence Survey that exceeded national benchmarks for the American Nurses Credentialing Corporation categories of autonomy, quality nursing care, interprofessional relationships, leadership access and responsiveness, professional development and RN-RN team collaboration.
- Led improvements in reporting practices to better understand workplace violence.
Who We Are
Nursing services at Marymount Hospital leverages resources available within the Cleveland Clinic Nursing Institute to bring safe and effective care to where our patients and their families live and work. Nursing care at Marymount Hospital is organized to provide comprehensive care that helps patients attain optimum health and wellness, supports those with treatable illnesses and conditions, and provides comfort and specialized care to those with terminal diseases.
Professional Practice Model
Our Professional Practice Model is a visual representation of the values, organizational structures, and processes that provide a unifying framework for the practice of nursing at Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital. It ensures consistency in the delivery of nursing care, and defines for all registered nurses their authority, autonomy and accountability as they care for patients and families.
Shared Governance at Cleveland Clinic Marymount Hospital
Shared governance is an empowering organizational model that creates a structure for shared decision-making in the clinical care of patients. When granting Magnet® Recognition and Pathway to Excellence® Program designations, the American Nurses Credentialing Center considers how well the principles of shared governance are implemented throughout an organization.