- Certified by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, 2015
- Primary Stroke Center - Certified by the Joint Commission for Hospital Accreditation, 2018
- Hospital program accredited by the Joint Commission, 2018
- Behavioral Health Program accredited by the Joint Commission, 2018
- Lab - Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) 2019 and American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) - 2019
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology for mammography and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, 2019
- Certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, 2019
Marymount Hospital has been designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) as a health facility on the Journey to Magnet Excellence® designation. This designation recognizes a health care organization’s commitment to creating and sustaining a culture of excellence in nursing.
- Influenced the quality of our stroke program, a 5 year recipient of the Gold Plus Achievement Award and 2- year recipient of the Target Honor Roll Elite for tPA.
- Outperformed the national nursing quality and safety benchmarks for falls with injury, hospital acquired pressure injury (HAPI), central line associated blood-stream infection (CLABSI) and catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI).
- Examined patients’ sources of discomfort to improve how we manage pain in our ambulatory surgery center.
- Affirmed their level of satisfaction in our 2019 Press-Ganey Nursing Excellence Survey that exceeded national benchmarks for the American Nurses Credentialing Corporation categories of autonomy, quality nursing care, interprofessional relationships, leadership access and responsiveness, professional development and RN-RN team collaboration.
- Led improvements in reporting practices to better understand workplace violence.
Who We Are
Nursing services at Marymount Hospital leverages resources available within the Cleveland Clinic Nursing Institute to bring safe and effective care to where our patients and their families live and work.
The Catholicity of Marymount’s founding Order, the Sisters of St. Joseph of the Third Order of St. Francis, further influence nursing care to keep our focus on service, compassion, dignity and respect for patients.
Marymount Hospital is a 315-bed acute care hospital serving the needs of Garfield Heights and the Southeast communities of Cuyahoga County since 1949. We are 390 nurses strong utilizing the Zielony Nursing Institute Professional Practice Model. Nursing care at Marymount Hospital is organized to provided comprehensive care that helps patients attain optimum health and wellness, supports those with treatable illnesses and conditions, and provides comfort and specialized care to those with terminal diseases.