Volunteers are valued members of the Marymount team, as their generous commitment of time and effort is greatly appreciated by patients, visitors and our hospital staff. Our volunteers add a unique, personal dimension to patient care and are an essential part of the day-to-day delivery of healthcare services.
Submit or print out and mail your application to: Volunteer Coordinator, Marymount Hospital, 12300 McCracken Road, Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125. You can also call the Volunteer Department at 216.587.8131 to request an application be mailed to you.
How to Volunteer?
Complete an online application or call 216.587.8131. We will send you a volunteer packet and conduct an interview to discuss your interests, availability and the area in which you would like to volunteer. Candidates will be offered positions based on hospital needs. Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age. Please note that some positions require a higher minimum age.
Marymount requires all employees and volunteers to have a health screening which includes a two-step TB (tuberculosis) test. Teen volunteers ages 15 to 17 are required to have a one-step TB test. Testing is provided by the hospital at no cost.
All new volunteers must complete a volunteer orientation and a half day hospital orientation. A photo ID badge and a volunteer jacket, or polo shirt for teens, are required attire. All volunteers must agree to abide by the hospital’s standards of behavior.
- Book Cart Volunteer delivers books, magazines and crossword puzzles to patients.
- Comfort Runners help nursing staff daily in specific areas.
- Courtesy Desk volunteers answer telephones, greet visitors and give directions.
- Interoffice/US Mail delivery to areas throughout the hospital.
- Patient Wheelchair Escort/Couriers
- Prayer Ministry volunteers assist our staff with the hospital’s prayer ministry.
- Pet Therapy volunteers bring certified therapy dogs to visit patients.
- Surgery Information Desk volunteers interact with family members of patients having surgery.
The Knitting Circle is a joint effort between Marymount Hospital and Marymount Place, an assisted living community located directly behind the hospital off Granger Road.
In 2006, The Knitting Circle was formed to give infants born at Marymount Hospital a handmade gift. Hospital and community volunteers, along with residents of Marymount Place, have crafted more than 1,500 hand-knit infant caps and blankets.
The knitting group meets every Tuesday from 3 - 4:30 p.m. at Marymount Place. You are welcome to join the Knitting Circle or work from home and drop off your items at Marymount Place.
- Knitted infant blankets and caps
- Lap throws for seniors
- New baby or sport yarn
For more information, contact Donna Galbraith at 216.332.1070.