If you are a COVID-19 long-hauler, our dedicated team of providers from different specialties can help. We offer accurate diagnosis, treatment based on research and the chance to take part in clinical studies.
Who do we evaluate?
You can make an appointment at the reCOVer Clinic if you’re an established Cleveland Clinic patient who has:
- Positive PCR or a home test results for SARS-CoV2 (Antigen test not accepted).
- Ongoing or new symptoms at least 28 days after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
How are long-haulers treated at the reCOVer Clinic?
At your first visit, you’ll meet with the reCOVer care team. We’ll talk with you about your symptoms and what’s been going on. And we’ll go over your health history and do a physical exam. Based on what we learn, we may refer you the appropriate specialists who can do testing and treat your symptoms.
What does it mean to be a COVID-19 long hauler?
Being a COVID-19 long-hauler is what doctors medically refer to as having long COVID or PASC (Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV 2).
This means you feel all kinds of symptoms for weeks or even months after your initial COVID-19 infection. Even if you weren't sick enough to be hospitalized, symptoms like shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, abdominal pain, loss of smell and taste, difficulty concentrating, insomnia, depression and many more can keep you from being able to get back to how your health was pre-COVID.
What to Expect
What can I expect prior to and at my first appointment?
- After you schedule a new appointment, you’ll receive a questionnaire through MyChart to complete prior to your first appointment. **Should you not receive your survey via MyChart, please email ReCOVerClinicReferrals@ccf.org to request a copy.
- Your reCOVer appointment will be in-person or virtual. It will last about 60 minutes.
- Your healthcare provider will ask you for a detailed healthy history and do a physical exam.
- Following your visit, you will be scheduled for several tests and lab work to check for ongoing symptoms.
What type of tests can I expect?
When you come to an evaluation at reCOVer Clinic, you will have:
- A chest X-ray.
- Pulmonary (lung) function tests.
- A 6-minute walk to detect low oxygen.
- An electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) and echocardiogram (echo) to evaluate how your heart functions.
- A full physical and occupational therapy evaluation.
- Blood work drawn for nutritional, kidney, heart muscle tests.
What other experts might I see?
Once you finish your initial evaluation, we’ll look closely at your test result and symptoms. Based on what we learn, we will refer you to specialists, as needed. These include pulmonology, cardiology, neuropsychology, neurology, psychiatry, rheumatology, nephrology, dermatology, otolaryngology, endocrinology, geriatrics sleep medicine, integrative medicine, functional medicine and many others.
Appointments & Locations
How can I get an appointment at the reCOVer Clinic?
If you'd like an appointment at reCOVer Clinic, it’s important you talk about your ongoing symptoms with your provider to place a referral, either from a Cleveland Clinic provider or an outside provider.
If your provider is not within the Cleveland Clinic system, they can fax the referral to 216.427.9057 or email it to ReCOVerClinicReferrals@ccf.org.
You’re also able to make an appointment without a referral. Just call, and schedule your first appointment in the reCOVer Clinic at 216.444.6503.
For Medical Professionals
How to Refer a Patient to the reCOVer Clinic
Our secure online service provides referring providers with access to patient’s treatment progress with streamlined communication from our team.. This helps you stay actively involved in your patient’s ongoing care. With the best possible treatment plans and coordinated care, our team approach benefits both you and your patient.
- Internal referral from a Cleveland Clinic Provider will place a Consult Order to reCOVer Clinic. Someone will contact you to schedule your appointment.
- Self-referrals contact Cleveland Clinic Access Center: 216.444.6503.
- External Referrals can submit via:
- Fax: 216.427.9057
- Email: ReCOVerClinicReferrals@ccf.org
Required criteria to be a patient scheduled in the COVID RECOVER CLINIC:
- Positive PCR or Home COVID test.
- More than 28 days since COVID-19 diagnosis.
- The patient is having ongoing symptoms 28 days since positive test date.
Resources for Medical Professionals
Consult QD: Find helpful posts from Cleveland Clinic's site for physicians and healthcare professionals. Discover the latest COVID-19 research insights, innovations, treatment trends and more: