Run Smart is designed to help runners improve running performance or to receive a running specific rehabilitation for running injuries.
Our experts will conduct a comprehensive evaluation that includes strength, flexibility and biomechanics assessments as well as a comprehensive videotaped running gait analysis and review.
Testing for body composition and VO2 Max exercise testing included at additional cost to program fee. Using this data, we will tailor recommendations about running technique, strengthening and stretching programs, shoe selection and training progressions to meet individual needs. The Run Smart program includes an initial assessment with follow-up visits as needed depending on individual goals and recommendations.
- Customized conditioning and training that targets key improvement areas, such as running form, overall endurance and race time
- Running gait re-training - specific drills and cues to correct flaws in running mechanics
- Education on body mechanics and physiologic capabilities
- Injury prevention coaching
- Assessment and comprehensive rehabilitation for running injuries that do occur
- Guidance on returning to running following injury, including appropriate interval training programs, progressions and training programs
- Comprehensive therapeutic exercise programs specific to the individual's assessment to help each individual perform better as a runner and to help prevent injury
We see a multitude of running injuries including: