For Figure Skaters
Skate Smart is a program designed to help you improve your skating performance, led by a team of medical professionals with experience in figure skating.
Through this comprehensive assessment and training program, our experts will teach you to increase your flexibility to enhance on ice presentation and decrease risk of injury, incorporate core-strengthening principles into your training regimen, and improve your control on jump-landing and take-off.
- Skating-specific evaluation, including in-boot and out-of-boot assessments.
- Education on body mechanics and physiologic capabilities.
- Injury prevention coaching.
- Minimizing “off-time” after an injury.
- Personalized rehabilitation and advice on preventing re-injury.
Skate Smart addresses many common skating injuries including: