Chaplains are part of the health care team and their service is free of charge. As clinically trained spiritual care providers, they are grounded in a variety of religious traditions, and trained to support those of all faiths, as well as those who are not comfortable with religious beliefs. They meet you where you are and can be of help in the midst of troubled waters. Chaplains use many tools when providing care such as prayer, meditation, spiritual or religious readings, relaxation techniques, healing touch, or guided imagery. If you have anger, guilt, internal conflicts, or problems with religion that are inhibiting your healing they can often help you find your way through these issues.
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Feelings of sadness, loneliness, or loss
- Feelings of anxiety or stress
- Family conflicts or communication issues
- Trying to find courage to face your condition
- Difficulty being hopeful and realistic at the same time
- Your sense of who you are and your place in the world seems to be changing
- Feeling like your suffering is too much to bear
Chaplains can be there with you as you work your way through experiences such as these. You can contact them directly or ask your nurse or doctor for a referral.
Spiritual Care Office
9500 Euclid Ave / Q1-3
Cleveland, Ohio 44195
Select a link below for information about Spiritual Care services at various regional hospitals.