Marymount Hospital is a Catholic hospital that welcomes persons of all faiths. It is located on a unique campus and features:
- Co-ed high school
- Senior care facilities for independent, assisted, intermediate, Palliative Care and skilled and memory care as well as the Convent for retired sisters
- Franciscan Spirituality Center
- Various shrines and areas for quiet meditations and prayer
Today the religious sisters remain actively involved in various ministries including behavioral health, pastoral care, administration of the campus and its various facilities, and as liaisons to civic and religious institutions in the surrounding areas.
Since Marymount Hospital is a religiously founded institution and strives to remain so, a vibrant spiritual life is nurtured on our campus through the following staff, activities and services.
Pastoral Care Staff
Our Pastoral Care Staff is available for spiritual counseling and support to patients and families as needed.
- Mary Tracy, BCC, MDiv, Director of Pastoral Care
- Jeremy Pfeister, BCC, MDiv, Staff Chaplain, Military Chaplain with U.S. Army Reserves
- Janet McDonald, Staff Chaplain
- Fr. Dennis Mrosso, AJ, Priest Chaplain
Prayer Request Ministry
Prayer requests can be written in the book of prayer intentions in the chapel or on special cards provided by the hospital, and mounted on prayer boards located throughout Marymount. Staff members pray for these requests daily.
Bereavement support groups are available from Cleveland Clinic Spiritual Care staff. For information, call 844.204.7433. Additional local grief support resources are available upon request by emailing the Director of Pastoral Care at [email protected] or calling 216.587.8141.
Daily Mass Celebrations
Visitation Chapel (the hospital chapel)
Daily at 10:30 a.m., televised on channel 90
Employee Remembrance & Memorial Masses
The Pastoral Care staff offers memorial prayers and a service, when requested, for the loss of a co-worker at Marymount Hospital. For more information, contact the Director of Pastoral Care by emailing [email protected] or calling 216.587.8141.
Our Lady of Czestochowa Shrine
All patients, visitors and employees of Marymount Hospital are welcome to visit the Our Lady of Czestochowa Shrine. The shrine is located behind the Loretto building in a garden area with landscaped paths and is surrounded by the Stations of the Cross.
Support groups and prayer can promote healing of the mind, body and spirit for those recovering from a serious health event.
Breast Cancer Support
Marymount Hospital provides education and encouragement to women diagnosed with breast cancer.
- We offer patient support at procedures such as needle localizations and maintain postoperative communication with patients to reinforce the physician’s recommendations in an effort to ensure patient compliance and understanding.
- We facilitate health fairs in the community and staff education.
- Marymount also offers a breast care navigator who provides education and encouragement to women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Stroke Support Group
Learn how to cope with the aftermath of stroke in a caring, supportive atmosphere. The group meets quarterly in the Board Room of Marymount Hospital. Different topics and speakers featured at each support group. To register or learn the next meeting date, call 216.587.8138.
Diabetes Support Group
Join with other diabetes patients for our support group which meets quarterly in Auditorium C, facilitated by Laurel Burns, RN, diabetes educator at Marymount. Light refreshments and handouts are provided. For more information or to attend, call the Marymount Diabetes Center at 216.587.8246.
Marymount Hospital welcomes the community to submit prayer requests for patients and family members. All requests will be read and prayed for by our volunteer prayer team. Requests with a valid email address may receive a response from the Sisters.
Please note: For patient safety and security, please enter FIRST NAME only and DO NOT submit personally identifiable information.
*Indicates required information.