Euclid Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Welcome to Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital. We are pleased to have the opportunity to care for you and hope your stay with us meets all of your needs. This hospital amenity guide has been designed to inform you and your family of the patient services we offer at Euclid Hospital.
We are proud of our reputation for quality care. Our highly skilled nurses, physicians and dedicated
employees are committed to providing the highest level of clinical excellence in a caring, respectful and safe environment.
If you would like further information or have any questions, please ask your physician, nurse or any member of our staff.
Thank you for choosing Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital.
Daniel Napierkowski, MD
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Number: 216.531.9000
- Contact Patient: 216.531.9000
- Emergency Department: 216.692.7700
- Hospital Operator: 0 or 216.531.9000
- Housekeeping: 216.692.8992
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 216.692.7888
- Pastoral Care: 216.531.9000, extension 63057
- Patient Access Services/Admitting: 216.692.8557
- Patient Information: 216.692.8600
- Social Services/Care Management: 216.692.8800
- Volunteers: 216.692.8880
Visiting hours at Euclid Hospital are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Euclid Hospital recognizes the important role that family and friends play during the recovery process of its patients. While allowing for privacy, care requirements and patient preferences, our visitation policy is designed to allow for convenient visiting by family and friends.
Visitors desiring to visit after 8 p.m. (evenings and weekends) will need to bring photo identification and enter the hospital through the Emergency Department entrance to have security arrange your visit.
- Please limit the number of visitors (including children) to two at any one time.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat or experiencing symptoms related to a contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient at the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit in critical care units.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if a procedure or care needs to be performed or in the event of an emergency situation.
- It is the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with a patient’s rest and recovery.
Visitor ID Badge
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Upon entering the Emergency Department entrance, visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Visitors who are unable to provide ID will not be denied entrance once the visit is confirmed, but they will be photographed.
Travel & Transportation
Bus - RTA
- RTA Paratransit: 216.566.5244
- Regional Transit Authority (RTA): 216.781.1110
- Call for information and schedules.
- Visit the RTA website for current bus schedules and additional information
- Americab: 216.881.1111
- Ace Taxi : 216.361.4700
- Med Port: 216.587.9715
Regional transportation service, including ambulettes. Fee is based on your insurance coverage.
- 216.475.1001: Call at least 48 hours ahead of time to schedule transportation.
Other Transportation Options
- Senior Transportation: 800.983.4782
- Tri County: 440.951.4600
A free parking lot is located near the main entrance. Handicap spaces also are available in the parking lot located near the hospital walkway.
Self-parking is free. Valet service is available at the Main Entrance Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (after 4:30 p.m., keys can be picked up from the Security Desk in the Emergency Department).
Wheelchairs are available for use on the Euclid Hospital campus at all drop-off entrances.
Security personnel are available at 216.692.7688 or extension 67688 for escort service 24 hours daily. Security personnel patrol the inside and outside of the hospital campus 24 hours daily.
The laboratory is located on the first floor near the Emergency Department directly across from PACC (Pre-Anesthesia Consultation Clinic).
Our full-service, nationally accredited laboratory is equipped to perform testing quickly and accurately. Most testing is done at the hospital. (Specialized testing is sent to Cleveland Clinic’s main campus.) Testing is ordered by your healthcare provider, who will get the results when the test is completed.
Outpatient Laboratory: 216.692.8660
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Closed weekends and holidays
Accommodations & Services
Our chapel is available 24/7 and is located off the main lobby. Please inform your caregiver to have clergy visitation arranged. Listings of local houses of worship are available upon request. If you have an urgent spiritual need please inform your caregiver. Catholic Holy Communion is available.
To contact the Chaplain directly, please call 216.469.4570.
An ATM is located in the hospital main lobby near the X-ray department.
Phone: 216.692.7888 or ext 27888 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between Euclid Hospital and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment.We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Just For You
We encourage you to tell us what you need to make your stay the best it can be.
- Help you make phone calls
- Provide extra blankets / towels
- Straighten bed sheets
- Give a back rub
- Provide warm washcloths before meals
- Open food containers on your tray
- Adjust bed for comfort at mealtime
- Provide a snack at bedtime
- Arrange your over-bed table
Ask your nurse or aide for any of the following for use during your stay:
- Playing cards
- Ear Plugs
- CD / Music*
- Books / Magazines (large print)
- Eye Shades (covers)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Denture Cream
- Tooth Paste, Tooth Brush
- Footie Socks
- Lip Balm
- Shower Cap
- Lotion, Deodorant, Powder
- Pop / Juice / Coffee / Tea*
- Fresh Water or Ice*
*Some items have restricted use
Amenities & Dining
Euclid Hospital’s Nutrition Services Department provides nutritionally adequate, attractive and satisfying meals to patients, with accurate diet modifications as ordered by the medical staff. During your stay a representative from food service will visit you daily to get your menu selections. Please ask your nurse for more information on ordering your meals.
Other Dining Options
Euclid Hospital cafeteria offers tasty, nutritious and affordable meals for staff and visitors. Offerings include a salad bar, soups, sandwiches, featured entrees and self-serve items. Hours of operation are posted in the cafeteria located on the ground floor of the hospital.
Vending machines are located in the cafeteria alcove and Emergency Department.
The Gift Shop is located on the first floor of the Main Lobby.
- Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The Volunteer Services Office is pleased to offer Pet Therapy visits to patients. These dogs are in good health and certified as pet therapy dogs. If you would like a visit from one of our therapy dogs, please contact the Volunteer Department at extension 68880. If you are allergic to dogs, please tell your nursing staff so we can accommodate your needs. Patients or roommates with asthma and/or allergies, those in isolation and other patients advised by medical professional will not be permitted to interact with the dogs.