“Healing Services" is a program that combines a variety of specialist therapies integrated with the spiritual care provided by chaplains .
- Manual Therapy: Light, 10-minute manual therapy sessions (lighter massage techniques) are offered free of charge for patients during their hospital stay.
- Reflexive Treatments: The application of light pressure on specific points of the hands, feet and ears that provide a healing effect on corresponding organs, glands, and other parts of the body. Most sessions have a relaxing, calming effect and provide physical relief.
- Reiki and Healing Touch™: Safe, gentle, non-invasive forms of natural hands-on, energy-based healing. These therapies help balance your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being to promote a deep sense of relaxation.
- Code Lavender: A personalized, rapid response holistic care service provided by the Healing Services and Spiritual Care teams. It provides emotional and spiritual support as well as grief counseling when a healthcare team, employee team, patient or family would benefit from additional well-being support within 30 minutes. A wide range of holistic care services are available to create a personalized experience. Supportive services are offered for 72 hours after the Code Lavender is called.
- Spiritual Support: Clinically trained chaplains provide for the religious and spiritual needs of patients, their families and loved ones, and Cleveland Clinic staff and employees.
- Aromatherapy: A practice that uses aromatic essential oils from plants to promote relaxation, energize and reduce nausea and pain. Patients can choose mint, lavender and citrus essential oil based lotion for personal use.
- Guided Imagery: A gentle technique that directs the imagination and all five senses to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety and pain. Healing Services offers individualized guided imagery sessions at the bedside. Guided imagery programs are available on your inpatient TV on the Relaxation Channel (36).
- Relaxation Exercises: Healing Services can provide instruction on a variety of calming and empowering mind-body exercises, which have been proven to decrease anxiety and pain, enhance sleep, and aid healing.
- Outpatient Integrative Medicine: Fee-based outpatient therapies are available before and after your hospital stay. Integrative Medicine therapies, including Yoga, may be available for family members and visitors help decrease stress. For more information visit the Lifestyle Center for Integrative & Lifestyle Medicine or to schedule an appointment, call 216.448.4325.