Medina Hospital Visitor Guide - Welcome
Welcome and thank you for choosing Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital for your healthcare needs. We are committed to providing you with the best possible care by integrating compassion with medical expertise and leading-edge technology.
Medina Hospital is committed to providing medical care in a comfortable environment for you and your family. Our hospital’s reputation for excellence can be attributed to the skill and dedication of our physicians and caregivers. Our medical and nursing staff align with and exemplify the foundational clinical, research and educational excellence of Cleveland Clinic, while maintaining a strong commitment to the communities we serve.
This guide is presented to you as a resource for many of the services provided here and to assist you and your loved ones during your stay. If you would like any additional information please ask a caregiver.
Once again, thank you for allowing us to serve you.
Richard K. Shewbridge
Important Phone Numbers
- Main Number: 330.725.1000
- Medina Medical Office Building Appointment Line: 330.721.5700
- Medline Physician Referral Service: 866.733.6363
- Ombudsman: 330.721.5330
- Spiritual Care/Healing Services: 330.721.5189
- Social Services/Care Management: Please ask your nurse to contact your Care Manager.
Medina Hospital allows 24/7 visitation for the following nursing units:
- General Nursing Units - 2 North, 2 South & 3 South
- Intensive Care Unit
Individual patient preferences regarding the visitation of family/significant others and friends (hours, duration) will be honored at all times. Patients have the right to withdraw or deny consent of visitation privileges to any visitor at any time.
- Please limit the number of visitors (including children) to two at any one time.
- Anyone with a cough, cold, sore throat or experiencing symptoms related to a contagious illness should avoid visiting a patient at the hospital.
- Visitors under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit in critical care units.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if a procedure or care needs to be performed or in the event of an emergency situation.
- It is the discretion of the nurse to limit the number of visitors and/or length of visiting time if it interferes with a patient’s rest and recovery.
Contact a Patient
At Medina Hospital, we know how important your support and words of encouragement are in a patient’s recovery. We offer several ways to stay in touch.
- To contact a patient by telephone, please call Patient Information at 330.721.5999.
- Have the patient's first and last name available prior to calling. Once it is confirmed that the person requested is a patient at Medina Hospital, the call will be transferred to the patient's room.
Sending Cards & Flowers
Deliveries of mail and/or flowers are made daily. Please use the following address:
Patient’s full name
Hospital room number
1000 East Washington Street
Medina, OH 44256
Visitor ID Badge
Cleveland Clinic has a Visitor Photo Badging System in its regional hospitals. Adult visitors need to show a valid photo ID to enter the hospital after normal visiting hours. Upon entering the Emergency Department entrance, visitors are given a badge that shows their name and photo, room destination and expiration date (extended badges are available). It must be worn on the outermost clothing.
Visitors who are unable to provide ID will not be denied entrance once the visit is confirmed, but they will be photographed.
Medina Hospital Badging Hours
Daily, 8 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Travel & Transportation
- Medina County Public Transit (MCPT): 330.723.9670
- Office hours: 6 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Parking is free. Park in the lot that is closest to the entrance noted on your appointment reminder card.
After 8 p.m., all visitors must enter the hospital utilizing the Emergency Department entrance.
Wheelchairs are available at all entrances of the hospital and medical office buildings for patients and visitors.
The Outpatient Pharmacy is located on the first floor main lobby.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Bedside Delivery Program
Medina Hospital can assist you in filling your discharge prescriptions without ever leaving your room. A member of the pharmacy staff will come to your bedside and collect the necessary information from you and your caregivers and then deliver them to your bedside prior to your discharge. The pharmacy will accept most insurance plans and will also accept credit card payment at your bedside.
The laboratory is located on the first floor in the back (access at Entrance A) of the hospital.
Our full-service, nationally recognized laboratories are equipped to perform testing quickly and accurately. Most testing is done at the hospital however, specialized testing is sent to Cleveland Clinic’s main campus. You’ll need to bring a valid order, less than one year old, from a licensed physician. Results are delivered to your physician when the test is completed.
Inpatient lab-work is directed by your attending physician.
Outpatient Laboratory: 330.721.5160
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturdays: 7 a.m. – Noon
Accommodations & Services
How to contact Spiritual Care
- Emergency: Dial 0 and ask to have the chaplain paged (local clergy cover nights and weekend oncall).
- Non-emergent: Request through your nurse or call 330.721.5188. Be sure to leave your name and room number.
- If you wish a visit from clergy of a particular faithor from your own pastor, priest, rabbi or imam, the Spiritual Care office will assist you.
- Learn more about Spiritual and other Support Services offered at Medina Hospital
The Chapel is located next to the Surgery Waiting Area on the first floor across from the Lab.
House of Worship: for a list of local houses of worship, please contact the Spiritual Care Office at 330.721.5189.
Healing Services is a complimentary service to all patients and families supported by the Medina Hospital Foundation. They complement the medical team with holistic assessment and care, which supports your well-being and naturally helps you to relax and heal. Complementary modalities include touch therapy (reiki or Healing Touch™), guided imagery, reflexology, aroma therapy, harp therapy and spiritual counseling (in partnership with Spiritual Care). The Healing Service practitioner is a trained member of the hospital team.
To Request Healing Services: Ask your nurse or call extension 5189 on any hospital phone. From other phones, dial 330.721.5189.
An ATM is located in the main lobby.
Phone: 330.721.5330 or ext 15330 from a hospital phone.
The Ombudsman is the liaison between Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital and the patient in resolving problems that may arise during the course of treatment. We recommend that patients first attempt to address their concerns with the department in which the problem occurred. If you do not reach a resolution with the person providing your care, we encourage you to contact the department manager or supervisor. If these attempts are unsatisfactory, call our Ombudsman Office from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, or you can leave a message anytime. Presenting a complaint does not in itself compromise a patient’s future access to care.
Amenities & Dining
The Food and Nutrition Services Department is pleased to offer you Room Service. We offer a wide variety of nutritious hot and cold choices throughout the day. Perhaps more importantly, we understand that each meal should contribute to your well-being.
- Breakfast: 7 – 10 a.m.
- Lunch and Dinner: 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Inpatient Extension: 2620
Outside Phone Number: 330.721.2620 (For family members ordering for an inpatient from home.)
Meals are prepared fresh to order and will be delivered in 45 minutes. For your convenience, you may also pre-order your meals for the day to be delivered at a specified time. Diabetic patients will need to coordinate their meals with the nurse.
Guest meals are provided upon request. There is a $5 charge per meal. To request a guest tray, contact the nurse at least one half-hour before mealtime.
Other Dining Options
Located on the lower level of the hospital. Hours are 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
Scenic River Coffee Kiosk
Located in the Main Lobby of the hospital. Hours are 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily. Holiday hours may vary.
Vending machines are located next to the cafeteria, Family Birthing Center and Emergency Department.
Medina Hospital Gift Gallery in the Main Lobby offers a variety of gift items for patients and visitors. The Gift Gallery is operated with the support of the Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital Volunteer Program. Open seven days-a-week.
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Holidays: Closed
Canine Crew, volunteers and their specially trained and certified dogs, visit patients throughout the week. Please notify your nurse if you would prefer not to have a Canine Crew visit.
The ambassador is a volunteer who compliments the medical team by visiting the patients to offer conversation and activities. Available activities include, but are not limited to, games, puzzles, playing cards and books.