The Family Birthing Center at Medina Hospital is dedicated to exceeding your expectations. Our comprehensive birthing services cover every need you, your baby and your family may have. Our staff of highly trained, experienced professionals is dedicated to providing you with the exceptional medical care you deserve. Use our "Find a Doctor" tool to locate a physician or midwife in your area to be your obstetric provider or to locate a pediatrician in your area for your new baby.
Personalized care is the philosophy behind Family Birthing Center at Medina Hospital. The facility offers 11 private, elegant LDRP (labor, delivery, recover and postpartum) suites in a secured environment. The suites feature private showers as well as other comfortable accommodations including an in-room area for the baby.
A number of conditions can affect the development of your baby. One of the most recent being researched is the Zika virus, which is thought to be linked to a rise in the cases of a birth defect called microcephaly.
Should your baby arrive by cesarean section, two operating rooms, which feature state-of-the-art equipment to meet the needs of both moms and babies, are located on the unit. Anesthesia service is available 24-hours a day.
We know that when a baby is on the way, you and your family are filled with expectations. You expect every stage of your birthing experience to proceed smoothly and professionally. Caregivers at Medina Hospital will go the extra mile to ensure patients' birthing experiences are both wonderful and memorable.
Family Birthing Center Tour
We invite you and your family to take advantage of the birthing center tours at Medina Hospital prior to delivery. You can meet some of our fantastic staff and become acquainted with the facility. Our tours are customized to accommodate adults and adults plus children so we request that you make reservations ahead.
Call 330.721.5090 to schedule your tour.
Medina Hospital allows 24/7 visitation.
Looking for a Pediatrician?
Cleveland Clinic Children's pediatricians offer a full spectrum of care at convenient locations throughout the local community.
Healthy Pregnancy Guide
It is not unusual to have questions during your pregnancy. We hope this guide will provide you and your family members with answers to common questions about your pregnancy and delivery. Also remember that your health care providers are here to assist you with any questions and concerns.
Lactation & Breastfeeding
Lactation and Breastfeeding Help
Lactation consultations are private outpatient appointments where mom and baby receive one-on-one breastfeeding support. Individual patient needs are addressed, such as latch comfort, engorgement, milk supply, growth spurts, effective pumping, weaning, and more.
Breastfeeding Support Group is a support system for breastfeeding mothers. It offers a group setting, but individual advice and attention from a lactation consultant is available. Participants will learn problem solving for engorgement, latching on, weaning, pumping, storing milk, growth spurts, etc.
- Get more information on these and other breastfeeding services
- Cleveland Clinic Lactation Services brochure
Breastfeeding: How to Establish a Good Milk Supply (Infographic)
Am I going to make enough milk for my baby? That’s a common worry of many new moms who’ve just returned home from the hospital. Here Cleveland Clinic lactation consultant Suzanne Forsgren, RN, BSN, IBCLC, offers 12 tips for establishing a good supply in your baby’s first weeks.
- Read the article on Health Essentials - America's Top Hospital Blog
- Download a PDF of this article and take it with you
Breastfeeding Support at Medina
Medina Hospital now offers free breastfeeding support for moms who are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
Classes & Programs
We are happy to offer education programs and services for the entire family. Childbirth classes include:
- Prepared Childbirth Classes: These courses provide an understanding of what to expect during labor, comfort measures and breathing techniques. Classes are led by a certified RN childbirth educator. Registration required.
- Baby Basics: This class, for parents-to-be, provides an understanding of what to expect with a newborn. This class is led by a certified lactation consultant and registered nurse. Registration required.
- Breastfeeding Class: Designed to teach parents-to-be helpful techniques for successful breastfeeding. Fathers and family members are encouraged to attend. Led by a certified lactation consultant and an obstetrical nurse. Registration required.
Download Childbirth Education Information
Download our brochure and registration form or our current class listing below.
- Childbirth Education Brochure and Registration Form
- Medina Childbirth Education class schedule | January - June, 2017
Online Events Calendar & Registration