Medina Labor and Delivery Services
These services include:
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal exam
- Referrals for high-risk pregnancy, genetic screening
- Prenatal care counseling
- Education about relieving pregnancy discomfort and stress, labor and delivery
- Mother education for exercise, nutrition and breastfeeding as well as infant care
- Partner/Spousal education for infant care and nutrition
- Education for introducing siblings to a newborn, what to expect in the first few weeks after birth
- Pelvic exam
- Pap smear
- Wellness/physical exam
- Menopause care and counseling
- Basic treatment for UTIs and STDs
- Birth control
- Breast check
- Gynecological Oncology services (Medina only)
- Urological Gynecology (Medina only)
- Postpartum Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy (Brunswick only)
- Midwifery services (Brunswick only)
Use our "Find a Doctor" tool to locate a physician or midwife in your area to be your obstetric provider or to locate a pediatrician in your area for your new baby.
A number of conditions can affect the development of your baby. One of the most recent being researched is the Zika virus, which is thought to be linked to a rise in the cases of a birth defect called microcephaly.
Looking for a Pediatrician?
Cleveland Clinic Children's pediatricians offer a full spectrum of care at convenient locations throughout the local community.
Healthy Pregnancy Guide
It is not unusual to have questions during your pregnancy. We hope this guide will provide you and your family members with answers to common questions about your pregnancy and delivery. Also remember that your health care providers are here to assist you with any questions and concerns.
Lactation & Breastfeeding
Lactation and Breastfeeding Help
Lactation consultations are private outpatient appointments where mom and baby receive one-on-one breastfeeding support. Individual patient needs are addressed, such as latch comfort, engorgement, milk supply, growth spurts, effective pumping, weaning, and more.
Breastfeeding Support Group is a support system for breastfeeding mothers. It offers a group setting, but individual advice and attention from a lactation consultant is available. Participants will learn problem solving for engorgement, latching on, weaning, pumping, storing milk, growth spurts, etc.
Breastfeeding: How to Establish a Good Milk Supply (Infographic)
Am I going to make enough milk for my baby? That’s a common worry of many new moms who’ve just returned home from the hospital. Here Cleveland Clinic lactation consultant Suzanne Forsgren, RN, BSN, IBCLC, offers 12 tips for establishing a good supply in your baby’s first weeks.
Classes & Programs
We are happy to offer education programs and services for the entire family. Childbirth classes include:
- Prepared Childbirth Classes: These courses provide an understanding of what to expect during labor, comfort measures and breathing techniques. Classes are led by a certified RN childbirth educator. Registration required.
- Baby Basics: This class, for parents-to-be, provides an understanding of what to expect with a newborn. This class is led by a certified lactation consultant and registered nurse. Registration required.
- Breastfeeding Class: Designed to teach parents-to-be helpful techniques for successful breastfeeding. Fathers and family members are encouraged to attend. Led by a certified lactation consultant and an obstetrical nurse. Registration required.
Online Events Calendar & Registration
For more details including online registration view our calendar or call 440.356.0347 to register for classes over the phone.
Medina Hospital Specialties
Medina Hospital is committed to providing exceptional patient care in a wide variety of medical specialties. Learn more about the programs and services we offer.