Our emergency medical team is here to provide the highest level of quality care to our patients. Nearly 37,000 people visit the Emergency Department at Lutheran Hospital each year.
Our Mission is to provide care for ill or injured patients in a competent and caring manner. Seconds count in an emergency, and for more than 100 years, people have counted on the Emergency Department at Lutheran Hospital to provide high-quality, compassionate care.
Lutheran Hospital completed their $17.5 million emergency department expansion on April 21, 2015. The expansion doubled the size of the current emergency department to 14,000 square feet and will add seven beds, making a total of 21 beds, each with their own private room. Other features of the expansion include:
- Six behavioral health rooms with rolling walls to stow medical equipment for patient safety
- More visible entrance, making it easier for our community to access emergency services
- Split-flow triage and treatment area to expedite patient care
- Additional X-ray machine and CT equipment to provide faster testing
- Built-in decontamination room for emergency preparedness
This expansion of emergency care services marks a significant investment in Lutheran Hospital, Ohio City, and the City of Cleveland.
Have health-related questions?
1730 West 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
Access to Care
- Open 24/7
- Streamlined process, expect reduced wait times
- Upon arrival patients will be screened by Emergency Department staff and “split” into those requiring emergent, intermediate or minor care. This allows us to provide the most appropriate level of care for your immediate needs with minimal waiting time.
- Since split–flow was implemented, the Lutheran Hospital Emergency Department has decreased the door-to-provider time to less than 30 minutes.
- Featuring 21 Private Treatment Rooms (post-construction 2015)
- Dedicated surface parking available off of Vestry Avenue
- Staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and certified emergency nurses
- Caregivers at Lutheran Hospital Emergency Department treat over 30,000 adult and pediatric patients annually
Todd Welsh, MD
Lutheran Hospital Emergency Department Medical Director
Emergency Physician Services
The emergency medicine providers at Lutheran Hospital are full-time physicians and physician assistants who care for our patients 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please provide current and complete insurance information to the Emergency Department registration personnel so there is no delay in processing any claims for your visit.
If you have any questions concerning your emergency physician account, call toll-free 800.225.0953.