A team approach is used in a blood management program to determine a patient’s blood management needs. Our staff develops a plan of care which includes the latest medications, strategies and techniques to:
- Prevent and treat anemia
- Minimize blood loss
- Enhance an individual’s own blood
- Eliminate the need for a blood transfusion
Why Blood Management is Needed
A blood transfusion may be necessary when the body cannot produce blood fast enough due to major blood loss, destruction of red blood cells and/or decreased production of red blood cells.
- Improves patient recovery
- Lowers exposure to viruses and infections
- Reduces cancer reoccurrence
- Promotes faster recovery time
For more information, contact Cleveland Clinic Healthcare Blood Management at Lutheran Hospital by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.