Mohammed J. Al-Jaghbeer, MD
- Program Director
Dr. Al-Jaghbeer completed his training in Internal Medicine in Atlantic Health – Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, New Jersey. He trained in Critical Care Medicine in the Multidisciplinary Critical Care Training Program (MCCTP) at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) where he was the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Fellow. He trained in Pulmonary Medicine at University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina where he was a chief fellow in his second year.
In Fairview Hospital – Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Al-Jaghbeer has multiple clinical and administrative roles including the co-chair for the Code and Rapid Response Committee (CRRC). He is a member of the Medical Education committee, and the Critical Care Performance Improvement Committee. Within the Cleveland Clinic, he is the associate director of the COPD center at the Respiratory Institute and a member of the enterprise resuscitation operations council.
He serves as a member in multiple local and national committees including the Graduate and Resident Education Committee of the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM), the non-respiratory critical care section for the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP), and the Network MCQ Writers for CHEST Journal.
Jalaa Alahmad, MD
- Associate Program Director
- Graduated from Damascus University-Faculty of Medicine Damascus
- Finished Internal Medicine residency from Huron Hospital and Cleveland Clinic
- Currently working as a Staff Hospitalist in the Department of Hospital Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
- Serves as a member in multiple committees including the Readmission Committee, UC Committee
- Serves as a communication facilitator in the Center for Excellence in Healthcare Communication
Saaima Arshad, MD, FACP
- Associate Program Director
- Medical Director, Westown Health Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, CWRU
- Graduated from Rawalpindi Medical College, Pakistan
- Finished Internal Medicine residency from Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
- Currently working as the Medical Director of Westown Health Center
- Serves as a member in multiple committees including the Medicine Performance Improvement Committee.
K.V. Gopalakrishna, MD, FIDSA, FACP
- Core Faculty
- Chair, Department of Medicine
- Chief, Infectious Diseases
- Clinical Professor Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, CWRU
Dr. Gopalakrishna (Gopal) is a diplomat in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. Dr. Gopal is a member of many prestigious medical societies and is active in hospital committees. Also, he is very interested in research and has presented papers with residents at many major conferences across the country. He has published many scholarly papers and lectured nationally and internationally on the subject of infectious diseases. He is the 1999 recipient of the Master Teacher award from ACP-ASIM Ohio Chapter. In 2019, he was a recipient of the American College Physician (ACP) Ohio Laureate Award Winner. Dr. Gopal is an avid baseball fan, and serves as a team physician for the Cleveland Indians.
Bahaa Abdelghaffar, MD
- Associate Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Graduated from Faculty of Medicine - Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Finished Internal Medicine residency from Cleveland Clinic Foundation/Fairview Hospital
- Currently working as a Staff Hospitalist in the Department of Hospital Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Francois Abi Fadel MD FACP FCCP FRCP(G) ATSF
- Core Faculty, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Residency Training in Internal Medicine at Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Staten Island University Hospital, New York.
- Fellowship Training in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, New York.
- Staff Physician, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Respiratory Institute.
- Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University.
He is currently serving as:
- Program Director, International Pulmonary Medicine, Respiratory Institute, Cleveland Clinic.
- Medical Director, Respiratory Therapy & Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital.
- Lead Physician, Sepsis Committee, Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital.
- Past-President and Current Councilor Ohio Thoracic Society (OTS) Chapter of the American Thoracic Society (ATS).
- Member of several National and International Committees within the American Thoracic Society (ATS), including Program Review Subcommittee, Pulmonary Rehab Assembly Web Committee, and the Council of Chapter Representatives.
Interests: Quality and safety initiatives and improvement, Clinical Research, Medical Education, and International Medicine.
Gautam Shah, MD
- Core Faculty Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Fellowship Training: Cardiovascular Disease - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - New York, NY
- Residency Training: Internal Medicine - Cleveland Clinic- Cleveland, OH
- Graduate from: Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, India
- Currently working as a Cardiologist for Cleveland Clinic