Mohammed J. Al-Jaghbeer, MD
- Program Director
Mohammed J. Al-Jaghbeer is a pulmonary and critical care medicine provider with the respiratory institute in Cleveland clinic in Cleveland Ohio.
Dr. Al-Jaghbeer completed his training in Internal Medicine in Atlantic Health – Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, New Jersey. He trained in Critical Care Medicine in the Multidisciplinary Critical Care Training Program (MCCTP) at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) where he was the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Officer Fellow. He trained in Pulmonary Medicine at University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina where he was a chief fellow on his second year.
He serves as the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Fairview Hospital – Cleveland clinic and has multiple clinical and administrative roles including the lead physician for the sepsis steering committee. He serves as a member in multiple local and national committees including the Graduate and Resident Education Committee for the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM). Within the Cleveland Clinic, he is a member of the COPD center at the Respiratory Institute, the enterprise resuscitation operations council, and the core sepsis committee. In Fairview, he is a member of code blue and rapid response committee, the sepsis committee and the COPD re-admission committee.
Jalaa Alahmad, MD
- Associate Program Director
- Site-Director for Hospitalist Medicine
- Graduated from Damascus University-Faculty of Medicine Damascus
- Finished Internal Medicine residency from Huron Hospital and Cleveland Clinic
- Currently working as a Staff Hospitalist in the Department of Hospital Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
- Serves as a member in multiple committees including the Readmission Committee, UC Committee
- Serves as a communication facilitator in the Center for Excellence in Healthcare Communication
Saaima Arshad, MD, FACP
- Associate Program Director
- Medical Director, Westown Health Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, CWRU
- Graduated from Rawalpindi Medical College, Pakistan
- Finished Internal Medicine residency from Cleveland Clinic Fairview Hospital
- Currently working as the Medical Director of Westown Health Center
K.V. Gopalakrishna, MD, FIDSA, FACP
- Associate Director
- Chair, Department of Medicine
- Chief, Infectious Diseases
- Clinical Professor Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, CWRU
Dr. Gopalakrishna (Gopal) is a diplomat in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. Dr. Gopal is a member of many prestigious medical societies and is active in hospital committees. Also, he is very interested in research and has presented papers with residents at many major conferences across the country. He has published many scholarly papers and lectured nationally and internationally on the subject of infectious diseases. He is the 1999 recipient of the Master Teacher award from ACP-ASIM Ohio Chapter. In 2019, he was a recipient of the American College Physician (ACP) Ohio Laureate Award Winner. Dr. Gopal is an avid baseball fan, and serves as a team physician for the Cleveland Indians.