Criteria for Admission into Residency
- Applications are accepted through ERAS only.
- USMLE score of 235 and above, on first attempt, on USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK and first attempt passing on Step 2CS; is highly encouraged.
- COMLEX-USA scores of 550 and above, on first attempt, on USMLE Level 1 and Level 2 and first attempted passing on Level 3; is highly encouraged.
- J1 Visas will be sponsored.
- H-1B visas will be sponsored but are subject to USCIS regulations, laws and approvals. Only premium processing is accepted. Our program must receive a candidate’s USMLE Step 3 pass result by the end of April, 2019, otherwise, that candidate must come on a J1 Visa.
Candidates that sign a contract with our program must start their residency training on the first day of orientation usually scheduled around June 20 of the academic year, prior to the official start of their residency on July 1, 2019. If a candidate does not arrive to the program on or before July 1, 2019, his/her contract may be terminated on that day, and the NRMP will be notified of our action.
Meeting this criteria does not ensure an invitation to interview, due to the volume of extremely well qualified applicants and the limited number of interview slots.