|Level of Training||Annual Salary|
The table provided above displays the annual salaries of Fairview Hospital's Internal Medicine residents based on the 2018-2019 academic year. These numbers are contingent upon the resident's level of training throughout the residency program. In addition to an annual salary, residents are also rewarded excellent benefits.
Read below to learn more about Internal Medicine resident benefits.
Benefits and Rewards
- Six paid days to attend Cleveland Clinic Internal Medicine board review course during the third year
- Comfortable call schedule
- Convenient, free parking
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Reimbursement of $1000 toward the ABIM certification examination
- Outstanding Senior Resident Award of $500 to honor a PGY-3 resident upon graduation
- Best PGY-2 Resident Award of $500
- Best PGY-1 Resident Award of $500
- Research Recognition Award of $750 to the PGY-3 resident who wins first place in the research competition
Credit Union and Direct Deposit
Direct deposit of your paycheck will be arranged through the payroll office. The hospital offers membership in the credit union and provides a bank machine on the premises.
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Residents receive health coverage through the hospital’s flexible health benefits program, including dental and vision insurance.
Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
A life insurance policy equal to the resident’s salary and a disability policy are provided at no charge to the resident.
Reimbursement for meals is available when on 24-hour call.
Residents receive four weeks (20 working days) of vacation per academic year. Vacation time is not cumulative and should be taken in the year earned; it does not carry over into the next academic year.
Paid Personal Days
Residents are eligible for up to 5 paid personal days per year. Personal days can be used for taking board or USMLE exams, or as interview days. Personal days should be requested in advance whenever possible.
Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
Residents are covered by the hospital's professional liability insurance while performing duties within the scope of their medical education program.
Stipend for Books
Every resident receives $350 a year for books.