Our longitudinal care clinic is achieved through the Internal Medicine continuity clinic on different locations throughout the west region of Cleveland.
We have moved to an 8 + 2 model for the residency; every resident will have 8 weeks of different rotations followed regularly by 2 weeks of outpatient clinic.
The number of patients and responsibility of residents gradually advance throughout the three years of training. The Westown Health Center, Independence, and Cleveland Clinic Lakewood - Medical Outpatient Center schedules the same patients to be seen by the resident for their follow-up appointments to maintain a continuity of care. We have a robust primary care experience which includes caring for diverse local communities and a large underserved population.
- The residents will discuss with their preceptor, each patient, both new and old, whom they see in the longitudinal care clinic.
- The preceptor will review pertinent historical information and/or physical examination findings with the resident and the patient.
- The preceptor is required to sign on all patients seen by the resident, certifying his concurrence with the plan of diagnostic and therapeutic intervention by the resident.
- Preceptors evaluate the residents on a quarterly basis.
- The preceptors are also evaluated by the residents.