If you can answer yes to any of the following, talk to your doctor about aggressively managing all your risk factors for cardiovascular disease, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol and triglycerides, diabetes and weight. Aggressively managing your risk factors will optimize your preventive efforts, despite the fact that you have a strong family history.
- My mother or sister was diagnosed with heart or vascular disease before age 65.
- My father or brother was diagnosed with heart or vascular disease before age 55.
- My parent or sibling has been diagnosed with high blood pressure (hypertension).
- My parent or sibling has been diagnosed with high blood cholesterol.
- My parent or sibling has had a stroke.
- My parent or sibling has had an angioplasty or other interventional procedure to treat cardiovascular disease.
- My parent or sibling has had coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
Learn more about how to assess your risk.
Here’s to your heart-health!
The Cleveland Clinic Section of Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation comprises a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists, and behaviorists. This team cares for people who either have heart disease or who are at risk. The program includes assessment, education, treatment and follow-up. A referral is required for an evaluation.
Preventive Cardiology provides reports to your referring doctor on your treatment and progress. If you would like to be evaluated at Cleveland Clinic for risk factors and current prevention strategies for cardiovascular disease, please submit an online request or contact the Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation program toll-free at 800.223.2273, ext. 49353.
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Advertising on our site helps support our mission. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Policy