The Center for Pediatric Orthopaedics and Spine Deformity, associated with Cleveland Clinic Children’s and part of the Orthopaedic & Rheumatologic Institute, offers comprehensive quality care for the complete range of common and complicated orthopaedic problems.
Whether your child suffers from a broken bone or other more serious orthopaedic condition, our center provides comprehensive care for pediatric patients with acquired or congenital bone and joint disorders.
We see child and adolescent patients in the Crile building on the 4th floor (A-41) at Cleveland Clinic’s main campus and seven regional family health centers.
- Cleveland Clinic has been providing comprehensive quality care for pediatric patients with acquired and congenital orthopaedic problems for 32 years.
- Our orthopaedic specialists are trained to treat conditions specific to children.
- We offer expert diagnosis and state-of-the-art treatment for any injury or disease of the bones and joints, from simple fractures to complex congenital orthopaedic cases.
- Our pediatric orthopaedic specialists see more than 15,000 patients for spine, knee, hip and elbow problems each year.
- Same day appointment or next business day access is available.
Cleveland Clinic Children's orthopaedic program is consistently ranked as one of the top programs by U.S. News & World Report's edition of "Best Children’s Hospitals."
What We Treat
Orthopaedic surgeons treat disorders of bone, joint, spine and limb development in the growing child. These problems can be present at birth, may occur spontaneously as the child grows, or may be due to trauma, such as a broken bone.
Some of the issues we often see are:
Congenital pediatric orthopaedic conditions
- Cerebral palsy.
- Developmental dislocation of the hip.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta.
- Skeletal dysplasia.
- Spina bifida.
- Coxa vara.
- Femoroacetabular Impingement.
- Hip dysplasia.
- Hip labral tears.
- Legg-calve-perthes disease.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis.
Foot and ankle conditions
- Cavus foot.
- Curly toe.
- Tarsal coalition.
- Turf toe.
Back pain conditions
Upper extremity conditions
Knee and leg conditions
Pediatric Fracture Care
Access care by orthopaedic physicians experienced with treating pediatric fractures. Get care as soon as possible with online pediatric scheduling. With our convenient web-based scheduling tool, you can make your own appointment for the time and day that works best for you. Requirements for this program include:
- Patients 18 yrs. and younger.
- An X-ray showing a fracture or "broken bone".
- Fracture of the upper or lower extremity (arm, hand shoulder, foot, hip, leg).
Visit Clevelandclinic.org/pediatricfractures to schedule an appointment. If there are no appointments available, call 216.444.2606 or 866.275.7496 to schedule with a pediatric orthopaedic specialist.
Multidisciplinary approach to orthopaedic care
We bring together a team of highly trained specialists in order to determine the appropriate intervention and treatment plan for your child. Our orthopaedic team includes:
- Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Physical and occupational therapists.
- Experts in sports medicine.
Your child’s pediatrician is an integral member of our extended team with whom we consult in developing treatment and, when appropriate, ongoing care plans for your child.
Between our pediatric orthopaedic surgeons’ technical expertise and their involvement in ongoing research, we can offer your child the latest, most effective treatments.
Our board-certified surgeons offer the following:
- Instrumented segmental spinal fusion with pedicle screw fixation for scoliosis.
- Hip arthroscopy and surgical dislocation of the hip for femoroacetabular impingement.
- Ponseti clubfoot treatment.
- Computerized correction of leg-length discrepancy and angular deformities using the Taylor spatial frame.
- State-of-the-art care of children's fractures.
Strong orthopaedic research activity
Our research efforts in growth-plate biology are supported by the National Institute of Health and our clinical outcomes studies are supported by the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America and Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation, allowing us to continue studying and providing the most advanced treatments and highest quality of care.
Appointments & Locations
To schedule an appointment, please call 216.444.2606 or 866.275.7496. You can also send us an email.
Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
Pediatric Fracture Care
Make your own appointment for the fastest access to your child's fracture care. Visit Clevelandclinic.org/pediatricfractures or call 216.444.2606