The Cardiac Transplant Team consists of transplant-trained cardiologists, nurse practitioners, transplant coordinator registered nurses, as well as additional caregivers from cardiothoracic surgery, infectious disease, nursing, immunology, psychology, pharmacology, exercise physiologist, invasive cardiology, nutrition, child life, art therapy, social work and palliative medicine.
We also have a heart failure/transplantation team to assess and treat children with heart failure. Alternatives to pediatric heart transplants, such as a mechanical heart, may offer lifesaving treatment or act as a bridge to heart transplantation.
What We Treat
- Infants, children and adults with congenital heart disease with advanced heart failure, who have failed medical treatment and need to be evaluated for heart transplant
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Restricted cardiomyopathy
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Left ventricle non-compaction
- Chemically induced cardiomyopathy/cardio-oncology
- Cardiomyopathy due to unremitting arrhythmias
- Colleen Nasman, RN, BSN (Transplant Coordinator)
Call Cardiology Services: 216.445.5015
Call Congenital Heart Surgery: 216.445.ACHD (2243)
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
After Hours: 216.444.KIDS (5437)
Outside the US?
Contact the Cleveland Clinic International Center at 216.444.6404 or email@example.com