Cleveland Clinic Children's interventional cardiologists provide diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in our two leading-edge catheterization suites that offer distinct benefits for differing patient needs. Using the newest technology and equipment, our team performs both simple and complex interventional procedures, such as atrial septal defect closure or pulmonary valve implantation, avoiding the need for open-heart surgery.
In addition, our Hybrid Pediatric Catheterization Laboratory allows an interventional cardiologist and surgeon to work together on our patients. These combined, or hybrid procedures, can be done without cardiopulmonary bypass and can decrease patient recovery time. Our hybrid lab's advanced imaging technology also provides a safer environment for both our patients and staff because it significantly reduces radiation exposure while maintaining excellent image quality. Cleveland Clinic Children's is one of the few hospitals in the country to offer this state-of-the-art laboratory.
What we treat
- Adult acquired pulmonary vein intervention
- Aortic and pulmonary balloon valvuloplasty
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) closure
- Coarctation stent
- Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure, including premature babies 1 kg and above
- PDA stent placement
- Pediatric/congenital pulmonary vein intervention
- Pulmonary artery stent/balloon
- Pulmonary valve implantation
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)