A program designed to create the women’s health leadership of the future.
The two-year curriculum promotes a comprehensive definition of women’s health that is interdisciplinary in its nature. Although the fellowship is administered through the Ob/Gyn & Women's Health Institute and the Medicine Institute, several other departments and institutes participate in training.
At Cleveland Clinic, we embrace the women’s health leadership triad:
- Clinical skills
- Focused research
- Interdisciplinary education.
A core element of the fellowship is for women’s health scholars to develop their clinical skills alongside experienced healthcare providers including women’s health internists, gynecologists, breast surgeons, psychiatrists and radiologists. This practice leverages the diverse resources of the Cleveland Clinic, including the Center for Specialized Women’s Health on the main campus, and women-centered practices at regional family health centers
It is important for the scholar to understand the application of research skills in an interdisciplinary arena. We ensure that the Women’s Health Fellowship program takes advantage of the core strengths of Cleveland Clinic by guiding scholars toward areas such as cardiovascular diseases in women, breast cancer and osteoporosis.
By definition, women’s health cuts across multiple specialty areas. The Women’s Health Fellowship targets key areas for deeper knowledge into disease states as they affect women throughout the female life cycle.
Weekly Rotation Schedule
- Approximately 1½ days in the Center for Specialized Women's Health (core corriculum)
- ½ day research
- 2 days in medical clinic
- 1 day various elective conferences, professional development
How to Apply
To apply, please do the following:
- Download the Women's Health Fellowship Application
- Fill out the application and prepare supporting materials. Every applicant should include (with the application) one letter from their Program Director, and two letters of recommendation. INTERNATIONAL GRADUATES: In addition to these requirements, please send a certified copy of your E.C.F.M.G. certificate.
Mail the application and materials to:
Chad Schlesinger, MBA
Administrative Program Coordinator
Ob/Gyn & Women's Health Institute
9500 Euclid Avenue, A-81
Cleveland, OH 44195
Speaking of Women's Health eNewsletter
Be Strong • Be Healthy • Be In Charge
Sign up for our free newsletter.