Treatment & Services
- Acute Care Medicine
- Blood Glucose Test
- Blood Tests
- Cardiovascular Health
- Complete Physical Examinations
- Comprehensive Care Of The Adult Patient
- Destruction Of Skin Tags
- Diagnosing Asthma
- General Internal Medicine
- Genitourinary Exams
- HIV Testing
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Interactions Quiz
- Medication Management
- Men's Health
- Menstrual Disorders, Fibroids and Hysteroscopic Services
- Nutrition Sciences
- Outpatient Care
- Pap Test
- Peak Flow Meter
- Prevention And Wellness
- Preventive Medicine
- Screening and Testing
- Smoking Cessation
- Specialty Women's Health
- Treating Asthma With Bronchodilators
- Urine Protein Test
- Women's Health
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Pain
- Adult Medicine
- Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Anxiety Disorder
- Atherosclerosis (vascular)
- Avoiding Dehydration, Proper Hydration
- Back Pain in Athletes
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Chlamydia Trachomatis
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Common Cold
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Dermatitis - Contact
- Disease Prevention
- Ear Infections (Otitis Media)
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT)
- Female Incontinence
- Gas (Digestive)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- General Infectious Diseases
- Growth Failure in Children with Kidney Disease
- Hay Fever
- Heart Disease
- Heart Palpitations
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure
- Influenza (Flu)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney Infections
- Lateral Epicondylitis/tennis Elbow
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Middle Ear Infection
- Migraine Headaches
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Disease
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Rosacea (Adult Acne)
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Shingles (Varicella-Zoster Virus)
- Sleep Apnea
- Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
- Strep Throat
- Tension Headaches
- The Poison Plants: Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac
- Thyroid Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Venous Insufficiency
- Yeast Infections
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - UPMC Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Internship - UPMC Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Medical Education - Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH USA
Undergraduate - University of Akron
Akron, OH USA
- NAMS Certified Menopause Practitioner (NCMP), North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD) (International Society of Bone Densitometry)
- Graduate Certificate in Executive and Professional Coaching, The University of Texas at Dallas 2015
Associate Certified Coach- International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- In addition to work around practice redesign and making care truly patient centered, she has had a longstanding interest in Quality improvement with clinical special interests within Women's Health. In the Center, she sees consults for osteoporosis, menopause, irregular bleeding, preconception planning, and contraceptive management. Much of her research and invited presentations are around bone health and she maintains certification as a Certified Clinical Densitometrist (CCD) through the International Society for Clinical Densitometry since 2004 and as a NAMS Certified Menopause Practitioner (NCMP) through the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) since 2004.
- In addition to her passion for practice transformation and patient-centeredness, Dr. Sikon has her graduate certificate in executive and professional coaching and is Director of the Cleveland Clinic's Center for Excellence in Coaching and Mentoring since its inception in 2008. With over 300 participants, the Center's mission is to facilitate a relationship-centered developmental network for all faculty across the career continuum, with growing outcomes supporting increased physician and PhD participant resilience and engagement. Programming has also been further adapted to help train leaders as well as general Staff to utilize a "Coach approach" to relationship building.
- Internal Medicine
Diabetes, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, osteoporosis, quality improvement, women's health and menopause, coaching and mentoring
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America, 2007- present
- Director of Cleveland Clinic Center for Excellence in Coaching and Mentoring Staff Mentorship 2008-present
- Women’s Professional Staff Association Champion Award-2017
- Midwest Society of General Internal Medicine Leadership Award-2017
- Cleveland Clinic Primary Care Women’s Health Scholar 2017-present
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University- 2013-present
- FACP (Fellowship in American College of Physicians)
- Inaugural Director of Primary Care Women's Health, Medicine Institute 2008-2010
- Director of Cleveland Clinic Staff Mentorship 2008-present
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Diabetes Recognition Award 2010
- Scholarship in Teaching Award -Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 2011
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD)
- North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM)
- Association of Chiefs and Leaders in General Internal Medicine (ACLGIM)
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/14/2021, Dr. Sikon has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
62 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
17 Patient Comments
Reviewed on May 24, 2021
I love Dr. Simon, she always listens to me and takes the time to answer any questions I have
Reviewed on Apr 15, 2021
Dr Sikon is a superb physician in every respect- so fortunate to have her as my primary care dr as I age.
Reviewed on Mar 12, 2021
Dr Sikon is a caring and skilled professional. I feel lucky that she is my physician. She listens to my responses to her questions and responds thoughtfully. She is a flexible problem-solver. She is open to questions from me. She is not distracted or hurried, and makes me feel like we have enough time to cover what needs to be done.
Reviewed on Jan 29, 2021
Dr. Sikon is an incredible physician as well as a wonderful person with compassion and tremendous communication skills!
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2020
Dr. Sikon is absolutely brilliant and was born to work in this line of healthcare. I love when a doctor actually has a conversation with the patient to explain what she thinks might be going on and her line of reasoning for treatments. Some other doctors just throw treatments at you without explanation, but Dr. Sikon made me feel like we were a true team working to find the cause of my symptoms. I cannot praise this experience enough!
Reviewed on Nov 20, 2020
Dr Sikon was very considerate and showed genuine concern. She showed interest in all my concerns and addressed them. She us very knowledgeable and efficient.
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2020
Dr. SIKON is wonderful and very caring!
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
Dr Sikon does a great job of explaining options, listening to my input and involving me in the decision making process.
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2020
confusing info about how to do the video visit. Glad my physician called me and we had a a good virtual visit
Reviewed on Oct 9, 2020
I feel Dr. Sikon knows me as a person and how my life impacts my health and my concerns. We are able to discuss treatment options and she makes recommendations but is open to hearing my concerns.
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2020
Dr. Sikon places her patients at the center of her care. She listens to her patients and asks questions to ensure she has all the needed information. To say Dr. Sikon is thorough would be an understatement.
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2020
My experience with cleveland clinic was great Dr. Sikon was very understanding with everything
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2020
It is always difficult to get time with Dr. Sikon since she began her administrative role, but she is always worth the wait. I prefer always to meet with her.
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2020
tho for me to recommend her to others would only increase teh demands on her time. Dr. Sikon always listens, and her explanations are always very clear and very human.
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2020
dr.sikon was awesome. She was very informative the resident dr was very nice as well.sorry cant remember her name the resident dr. but she worked on appt 10:30 with dr.sikon aug 25th 2020.
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
I love my doc Dr Sikon and staffing are very pleasant and professional about everything up front open honest she been my doctor since I was about 25 or so thank u for the services that are provided for me
Reviewed on Aug 20, 2020
Dr Sikon again and staff are very good
© 2021 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.