- The Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic is 1 year in length beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
- There are 5 positions each year: 2 ACGME positions (accredited) and 3 clinical positions (non-accredited).
- The Cleveland Clinic Imaging Institute archives over 2 million exams or procedures per year. The MSK section reads or performs 170,000+ procedures per year which include high volume services in sports medicine, orthopedic oncology, and rheumatology.
- Fellows will spend time at the main campus as well as the Sports Health Center (a satellite facility).
- Fellows will lead and participate in regular didactic and clinical conferences including Journal Club, MSK Tumor Conference, MSK Interesting Case Conference, MSK Ultrasound Conference, Rheumatology Conference, Sports Medicine Conference, MSK Infectious Disease Conference, and Fellow Teaching Conference.
- Fellows will receive a year-long didactic curriculum covering all the major MSK imaging topics.
- Fellows will participate in a year-long didactic and hands-on MSK ultrasound curriculum including cadaver labs.
- Fellows will have access to the MSK Radiology Research Lab resources.
- Interpreting MSK radiographs, MRI, CT, US, and Bone Mineral Density scans.
- Performing fluoroscopic and US guided joint injections and aspirations including PRP injections and hydrodissections.
- Performing CT and US guided bone and soft tissue biopsies including RF ablations and cryoablations.
- Protocoling and monitoring cross-sectional imaging studies
- Supervising residents (32 residents) and medical students
- Attending clinical/didactic conferences (~1 per day)
- Preparing for and presenting at assigned clinical conferences (~3 per month). One half-day will be provided every 5 weeks for conference preparation.
- Home call (~ once every 5 weeks)
- Participating in at least 1 research project that will be submitted to a national meeting for oral presentation and culminate in a manuscript that will be submitted for publication.
- Participating in at least 1 quality improvement project.
- Participating in CME conferences hosted by the section.
- Salary paid at the level of PGY-6*
- Health Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- One academic day per week for ACGME fellows or 1 clinical day in the CCF Regional Practice for clinical fellows*
- Three weeks of vacation time
- One week of personal/sick days
- One week meeting time (with reimbursement of meeting expenses)
- Three weeks of rotations in other departments including Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine.
* Clinical fellows receive additional salary for clinical day.
How to Apply
Dear Fellowship Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the MSK Radiology Fellowship Program at Cleveland Clinic. We will be participating in the NRMP for MSK Radiology Fellowship and will be accepting the common application form provided on the SSR website. All the applicants need to be enrolled in or have completed, an ACGME-accredited US residency program or an RCPSC-accredited program or a CFPC-accredited Canadian residency program. We will be following the NRMP timeline for interviewing and ranking.
To apply, please complete the SSR common application and submit it along with a current CV, personal statement, medical school transcripts & diploma, USMLE/COMLEX scores, 3 LORs, and ECFME certificate if applicable.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Lisa Kempton, MEd, RT(R)
Education Program Administrator
Cleveland Clinic Imaging Institute
9500 Euclid Ave. L10
Cleveland, Ohio 44195