- The Musculoskeletal Imaging Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic is 1 year in length beginning July 1 and ending June 30.
- There are 5 positions each year: 2 ACGME positions (accredited) and 3 clinical positions (non-accredited).
- The Cleveland Clinic Imaging Institute archives 2 million exams or procedures per year. The MSK section reads or performs over 170,000 procedures per year which include high volume services in sports medicine, orthopedic oncology, and rheumatology.
- Fellows will spend time at the main campus as well as the Sports Health Center (a satellite facility).
- Fellows will be exposed to daily didactic and clinical conferences including Journal Club, MSK Tumor Conference, MSK Interesting Case Conference, MSK US Conference, Rheumatology Conference, MSK Infectious Disease Conference, Fellow Teaching Conference and Resident Teaching Conference.
- Fellows will receive MSK US training along with Primary Care Sports Medicine fellows in an integrated curriculum.
- Fellows will have access to resources from the MSK Radiology Research Lab.
- Interpreting MSK radiographs, MRI, CT, US, and Bone Mineral Density scans.
- Performing fluoroscopic and US guided joint injections and aspirations.
- Performing CT and US guided bone and soft tissue biopsies including RF ablations
- Protocoling and monitoring cross-sectional imaging studies
- Supervising residents (32 residents) and medical students
- Attending all clinical conferences (1 per day)
- Preparing for and presenting at assigned clinical conferences (4 per month)
- Presenting didactic conferences for medical students and residents (2 per year)
- Performing at least 1 research project over the course of the year that will be submitted to a national meeting for oral presentation and culminate in a manuscript that will be submitted for publication.
- Performing at least 1 quality improvement project over the course of the year.
- Participating in CME conferences hosted by the section.
- Salary paid at the level of PGY6*
- Medical Insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- 1 academic day per week for ACGME fellows or 1 clinical day in the CCF Regional Practice for clinical fellows*
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- 1 week meeting time (If presenting, meeting expenses will be reimbursed)
- 2 weeks of elective rotations one of which must be in Neuroradiology for exposure to spine MRI.
* Clinical fellows receive additional salary for clinical day.
How to Apply
Please complete the GME application form and send along with your Curriculum Vitae; personal statement; Medical Degree (certificate); Medical School Transcripts with Dean’s letter; USMLE / ECFMG / COMLEX Transcripts as applicable; 3 LORs total (one of which must be from the residency director/supervisor; two from faculty in the residency program), and a passport photo. Kindly name PDF documents using “LName_itemname” format and email them to the fellowship coordinator along with any questions you may have (see below). Hard copies/originals are NOT necessary and only delay the review process. Also do not send more than the required documents, if additional information is deemed necessary, we will contact you.
All fellows are required to have successfully completed an ACGME diagnostic radiology residency program and have passed the ABR core exam. Positions Offered: 2 accredited ACGME positions and 3 non-accredited positions. Program Duration: 12 months.
Deadline: June 1, yearly
Section of Musculoskeletal Imaging
Cleveland Clinic Imaging Institute
9500 Euclid Ave.– A21
Cleveland, OH 44195
Subsequent required interviews will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.