Planning Your Visit
Every year, people from all over the world receive care from Cleveland Clinic. We know traveling abroad for medical care can seem overwhelming, but Global Patient Services is here to help you before, during and after your trip.
To schedule an appointment contact Global Patient Services at the locations you’re interested in visiting:
Cleveland, Ohio, US
Cleveland Clinic Florida
Weston, Florida, US
Cleveland Clinic Canada
Toronto, Ontario, CA
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, UAE
What to Expect When You Call Global Patient Services for an Appointment
You will speak with a Patient Services Coordinator who will guide you through the appointment process. Be prepared to discuss the following:
- Your medical history. If you have a copy of your medical records in English, we will let you know how to send them to us.
- Your health insurance information. You will need to provide a copy of your insurance card. If you do not have health insurance, we can discuss your preferred method of payment.
Members of your family who are interested in scheduling appointments. We will make all the necessary appointments for you and your family.
Travel Documents & Visas
For entry into the United States, you may need the following:
- A form letter confirming your appointments at Cleveland Clinic (we can email you this).
- A medical itinerary and/or receipt of payment (we can email you this).
- Approval from your consulate to travel to the United States. Check with your consulate.
- Proper documents to enter the United States. The United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) office can help you get the proper documents, help you apply for a Visa, and help you understand any restrictions and allowances.
Lodging & Transportation
Online Second Opinion
If you have a diagnosis from your physician but would like to receive a second opinion, you may be able to from the comfort of your own home. With MyConsult® Online Medical Second Opinion, you can access the expertise of Cleveland Clinic physicians from anywhere in the world.
A MyConsult medical second opinion consultation costs $565 (U.S. dollars). With pathology review the cost will be $745.
We are unable to accept insurance payments for online medical second opinions.